Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2378
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Best place for NV-T350 rebuilds?" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
MajinVejitaXVMar-05-04 05:26 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2002
446 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2378, "Best place for NV-T350 rebuilds?"

I'm looking at rebuilding my transmission, possibly strengthening the syncros if possible. For those that have had work done, where would you recommend? I'm looking at both quality and cost.

All I know off the top of my head is ARD...

-Corey

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-05-04 05:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2379, "RE: Best place for NV-T350 rebuilds?"
In response to Reply # 0

Do it yourself. Far, far cheaper that way and you learn stuff too.

http://www.ecanfix.com/users/manualcd/gift/dsm/patrick_2g_mt_overhaul.pdf

Download that.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MajinVejitaXVMar-05-04 07:02 AM
446 posts,
#2380, "How about parts, and did NV ever..."
In response to Reply # 1
Mar-05-04 07:20 AM by MajinVejitaXV

...take into consideration the suggestions made in this thread awhile back (http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=17962&mode=full)?

Better blocker rings/synchros, and the plastic output bearing? I'm putting in a Quaife when I finally get around to rebuilding, so the diff pin problem doesn't really concern me, but those two are definately things I'm interested in.

Should I just hit up Kise for parts, or is there somewhere else that's reputable?

Thanks again,
Corey

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-05-04 11:18 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#2382, "RE: How about parts, and did NV ever..."
In response to Reply # 2

the book states you have to have a press to get the trans shafts out and to get the gears off. Now unless you are in the works for building a press like I am, how are you supposed to disassemble the trans oh great dark on ~ Seriously.

Terry

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-05-04 11:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#2383, "RE: How about parts, and did NV ever..."
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-05-04 11:56 AM by DarkOne

I used a 14mm deep socket and a hammer. Once you remove the snaprings, you can use the socket as a punch and hammer the input shaft out. The output shaft has nothing holding the bearing into the case, so you can just tap it through to the inside as the input shaft comes out of the bearing.

it ain't easy, but i've done it more than once. it also helps if, once you get them both out, you use some fine emory cloth and polish down the ends of the shafts so its not as godaweful hard to get them out next time. Doesn't take much, just a quick polish to make it a tad easier. You don't want the shafts free spinning in the bearing..

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

MajinVejitaXVMar-05-04 12:36 PM
446 posts,
#2421, "RE: How about parts, and did NV ever..."
In response to Reply # 4

Any answers for my questions?

-Corey

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-05-04 12:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#2423, "RE: How about parts, and did NV ever..."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by MajinVejitaXV
Any answers for my questions? -Corey

The answer is "Nope."

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

MajinVejitaXVMar-05-04 12:43 PM
446 posts,
#2424, "RE: How about parts, and did NV ever..."
In response to Reply # 6

Well, shit

-Corey

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-05-04 05:50 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#2425, "RE: How about parts, and did NV ever..."
In response to Reply # 4

Thanks Dino...that really helps. Although i think i will have to go buy a 14mm deep from menards ect....most all my tools are Snap on...i dont think i want to go beating on a socket

I suppose there is still no way to get the shafts apart without a press.

Eh corey to answer your questions....there is a guy on ebay alot selling rebuilt tranny's....if your going to have yours done perhaps talk with him. he sells them for 695.00+core. they are plain jane rebuilds but on the other hand there aren't many upgrade parts available for ours yet. NV has a guy on this board looking into better synchros for our trans but no word of a estimated release or anything. Or call a local shop and pay 1400. hehe rebuild shops sure are stickin it to ya these days. Or send it to Dino!

Terry

SkrillaMar-11-04 10:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#2440, "RE: Best place for NV-T350 rebuilds?"
In response to Reply # 1

holy shit Dino I didn't know it was that simple, I'm gonna rebuild my own tranny with the neon gear set - points to you

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-11-04 11:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#2441, "RE: How about parts, and did NV ever..."
In response to Reply # 8
Mar-11-04 11:21 AM by DarkOne

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
I suppose there is still no way to get the shafts apart without a press.

The input shaft itself will come apart without a press. You can pull it apart with your hands once you get the snaprings off. The output shaft does not come apart at all.

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Or send it to Dino!

Pay shipping both ways and pay for parts, i'll do it. No guarantees, no warranty, but it'll work like new. Not for free, though. I'm poor

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2378 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic