Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #449
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Linkage Bushing (pics inside)" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Eclipse97Apr-15-03 12:08 PM
Member since Dec 06th 2001
539 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#449, "Linkage Bushing (pics inside)"

I'm looking for the bushing inside this linkage. where can I find these.. and if there is an alternative solution to it.

My shifter has play in it.. and I'm sure there is no bushing inside it.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290345995

Thanks for the help.

Good Luck

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-15-03 12:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#450, "RE: Linkage Bushing (pics inside)"
In response to Reply # 0

The bushings don't go there. See the cotter pin and washer on the post that goes through the shifter cable eye? take that washer off and THATs the rubber bushing you're thinking of.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSApr-15-03 12:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#451, "RE: Linkage Bushing (pics inside)"
In response to Reply # 0

No one makes good bushings for there. Modern performance makes a set for the Neons that "might" be able to be modified into working.

You can also try to use the method used on motor mounts and fill the little bushing with window urathane.

The dealer doesn't sell the bushing, just the whole linkage.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

Eclipse97Apr-15-03 08:13 PM
539 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#452, "RE: Linkage Bushing (pics inside)"
In response to Reply # 2

ok.. let me explain it a little more.. in those pictures.. the cable attaches to the arm with a bushing and cotter pin. then that arm moves on a pivot.

I've got play in that. is there any info on that?

thanks for the help.

Good Luck

Eclipse97Apr-17-03 09:57 AM
539 posts,
#466, "RE: Linkage Bushing (pics inside)"
In response to Reply # 3

still looking for any info on it... anyone?

I really appriciate it.

thanks.

Good Luck

HadesOmegaApr-17-03 10:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#467, "RE: Linkage Bushing (pics inside)"
In response to Reply # 2

I have no clue what your pointing at in the picture but I have a little question did you shift linkage fall/break off like mine did? There's suppose to be a roll pin in there but it looks like you replaced it with a bolt like I did and man your tranny is DIRTY haha.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

TeamMichael_97RSApr-17-03 10:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#470, "RE: Linkage Bushing (pics inside)"
In response to Reply # 0

There may be a rubber bushing or spacer in there. probably only a couple dollars, and the only place to be able to identify or purchase that part would be the dealer.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

Eclipse97Apr-17-03 10:48 AM
539 posts,
#471, "RE: Linkage Bushing (pics inside)"
In response to Reply # 6

thanks michale

Hades thats what I think happened. But it happened when my friend had borrowed my car for a while and I was out of the country.

How did you fix yours?

thanks.

Good Luck

The1BillApr-19-03 12:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#473, "RE: Linkage Bushing (pics inside)"
In response to Reply # 7

Looks like there is a bushing. Try your friendly neighborhood Mitsubishi dealer... Part numbers are as follows:

Bushings:

M04762605
M04762602

The second digit is a zero
Check the CAPS drawing when you get there. The illustration is in 22-110

Also lists a spacer:
M04761151

And a Spring:
M04791149

And a Retainer:
M04761150

Those are in illustration 22-130

Ah yes, the part number for the roll pin that was replaced by that rusty bolt is M04762603. I would get one. Or ten.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

Eclipse97Apr-19-03 12:04 PM
539 posts,
#476, "RE: Linkage Bushing (pics inside)"
In response to Reply # 8

thanks. for the great help

Good Luck

WickedESiApr-21-03 04:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#495, "RE: Linkage Bushing (pics inside)"
In response to Reply # 9

Umm...your shifter will have play in it while in gear unless you get polyurethan shifter base plate bushings such as the symborsky (sp) shift kit or the ones that come w/ a neuspeed short shifter.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #449 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic