Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2833
View in threaded mode

Subject: "tranny pops out of gear" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
PatroklaiMay-26-04 12:56 AM
Member since Feb 03rd 2003
108 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2833, "tranny pops out of gear"

guys, my car will go into neutral anywhere about 3.5k-4k+ RPMS any time im in 4rth gear.

i check out this link here http://people.ku.edu/~jessen/nut/nut.html

talked about 5fth gear popping out on FWD cars.
trannys have similar logic and i saw a similar fix for shifter movement on Vfac.com

i have shifter movement in 3rd.. and a lil' bit on 2nd.
not on fifth nor first. but 4rth pops out.

wil this be the fix? thanks.

Looking to buy 4G63

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-26-04 07:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2834, "RE: tranny pops out of gear"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Patroklai
gtrannys have similar logic

That's where you're wrong. They are talking about a completely different transaxle ina completely different drivetrain. There is no nut to tighten in a T350.

If you're popping out of gear, you either have debbris in the syncro dog teeth, or the dog teeth are worn to the point they can no longer hold the gear.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

PatroklaiMay-26-04 01:18 PM
108 posts,
#2838, "RE: tranny pops out of gear"
In response to Reply # 1
May-26-04 01:20 PM by Patroklai

so we are talking about a syncro replacement?

Looking to buy 4G63

JWoodleyMay-26-04 05:40 PM
Member since Mar 27th 2003
2335 posts,
#2840, "RE: tranny pops out of gear"
In response to Reply # 2

Yes. I had the same problem, but with 5th. First I would buy a shifter bushing replacement kit....

PatroklaiMay-27-04 01:00 AM
108 posts,
#2846, "RE: tranny pops out of gear"
In response to Reply # 3

cool, thanks.
did you ever have a problem with shifter movement?

Looking to buy 4G63

TJEclipseMay-27-04 07:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1000 posts,
#2851, "RE: tranny pops out of gear"
In response to Reply # 4

mine popps out all the damn time, i need to get mine either replaced or fixed. Does anyone have a good manual tranny that they want to sell????

TJ

RIP Mama 7/13/04
TJEclipse@gmail.com
Just Bring it, Jabroni

PatroklaiMay-27-04 03:50 PM
108 posts,
#2855, "RE: tranny pops out of gear"
In response to Reply # 5

is what gears?

Looking to buy 4G63

TeametxJun-10-04 04:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#2928, "RE: tranny pops out of gear"
In response to Reply # 6

Mine just started doing this too. Could it be a slow leak in the trans causing it to leak fluid and mess up the syncros? I have a new trans on the way from the shop that I'm putting the retrofit into so I can inspect this one after I pull it. I'll probably check the fluid level this weekend. It's been running strong for 15k miles and I don't know how many miles it had on it before that.

420AYEJun-12-04 11:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#2953, "RE: tranny pops out of gear"
In response to Reply # 7

i think we all have this problem. t850 imo.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

WickedESiMar-29-05 10:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#4168, "RE: tranny pops out of gear"
In response to Reply # 8
Mar-29-05 11:08 PM by WickedESi

Would low tranny fluid cause it to pop out of gear?

My car pops out of 5th on a brand new tranny (3k miles on it so far)...

...transmissions piss me off.

P.S. I know this post is old, I used the search button.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

WickedESiMar-31-05 04:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#4169, "RE: tranny pops out of gear"
In response to Reply # 9

I found out from jwoodley, that low fluid can cause this.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2833 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic