Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2633
View in threaded mode

Subject: "My Tranny or something is going to shit .HHHEELLLPPP" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
95redesiApr-18-04 05:58 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
328 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2633, "My Tranny or something is going to shit .HHHEELLLPPP"

Ok i went to the kc 2gnt meet today and as i was headed home it started raining . So being the genius i am , i decided to have some fun. As i was making a left turn i reved up to about 3 k and just dumped the clutch .. tires break loose and i shift into second and they are still spinning . shift into 3rd get a little bit of spin . Now as i was spinning them i was making a left turn so my wheels were spinning while i was turning .. so now to the problem .

Whenever i go wot the rpms rise extremely fast and they level out at 4500 until the car gets to the speed it needs... its like im breaking loose.. but im not.. it does it 2nd 3rd .. i will floor it rpms go to 3500-4500 and then the car catches up to the speed it needs to for the rpms to up . sometimes the rpms go down and then go back up ... wtf is wrong with my car... clutch? tranny? im serioiusly freaked out and im pissed b/c im almost at a turbo and now i have to fix this shit. Anyone have any ideas ?? mabye the tranny fluid??

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
95_ESi_PersonApr-19-04 04:25 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2634, "RE: My Tranny or something is going to shit .HHHEELLLPPP"
In response to Reply # 0

could the clutch be slipping? were there any smells that accompanied this behavior?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95redesiApr-19-04 10:21 AM
328 posts,
#2637, "RE: My Tranny or something is going to shit .HHHEELLLPPP"
In response to Reply # 1

it is slipping in every gear except 1st.. what do i do to correct this ? my clutch fluid is full .

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-19-04 10:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#2638, "RE: My Tranny or something is going to shit .HHHEELLLPPP"
In response to Reply # 2

Sounds like you smoked your clutch. The situation you describe is the clutch slipping.

First gear is so short, you don't make enough torque to cause it to slip.

If you continue to beat on your slipping clutch, the disc could fragment, or the flywheel could overheat, crack, and scatter. I would advise you to park the car until you can replace the clutch, or at the very least, stop forcing it to slip.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

95_ESi_PersonApr-19-04 02:21 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#2639, "RE: My Tranny or something is going to shit .HHHEELLLPPP"
In response to Reply # 3

ever see that video with the 1g going down the track and the flywheel breaks going all over the place? what Dino is saying (i'm assuming) is that can happen to you if you don't fix it soon, or tone it down drastically.

95redesiApr-19-04 03:58 PM
328 posts,
#2642, "RE: My Tranny or something is going to shit .HHHEELLLPPP"
In response to Reply # 4

ive decided to park her .. unless i have to drive her . Now i need to know which is better ? act 2100 or 2600 ? how much is it giong to cost me ?

95greenhrcgsApr-19-04 05:05 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1420 posts,
#2643, "RE: My Tranny or something is going to shit .HHHEELLLPPP"
In response to Reply # 5

As far as I know ACT does not make a clutch for our cars.

Jonathan
95 Eclipse GS
8 injector
Hahn Stage 3.5
Howell 2.2L Stroker

T O T A L L E D, T H A N K S T O S O M E A S S H A T!!!!!!!!!!!!

grainApr-21-04 10:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#2660, "RE: My Tranny or something is going to shit .HHHEELLLPPP"
In response to Reply # 6

goto www.exileracing.com and order a spec clutch. nice clutches. i run the stage 3

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-22-04 01:32 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#2661, "RE: My Tranny or something is going to shit .HHHEELLLPPP"
In response to Reply # 7

I second the spec idea...i went with a kit from zumeclutches.com and i got the clutch off ebay.......there customer attitude sucks ass and i am not really happy with the clutch or the pressure plate rather. the kit uses the factory plate and i want more, not happy with the feel of the factory anymore. It grabs like a b*tch though. Go spec stage 2 or stage 1 if you are not planning turbo.

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
rear disk conversion Star Stage II - Optima locate in the hatch - momo Steering wheel - Boost/oil/EGT gauges, HKS TT

97 Eclipse
Greddy header/evo exhaust - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, ceramic intake, 450 Turbo injectors, SFMU/return line, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

BOOSTIN-GSApr-22-04 04:25 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2004
39 posts,
#2665, "RE: My Tranny or something is going to shit .HHHEELLLPPP"
In response to Reply # 8
Apr-22-04 04:27 PM by BOOSTIN-GS

If you are going to go tubro than you definitly want to get the
CENTERFORCE DUAL FRICTION thats whut i have and its great.
It clamps harder when the rpms rise this is the only clutch that i
have had that i have not blown apart under boost.

Matt_95tgsApr-22-04 05:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
#2666, "RE: My Tranny or something is going to shit .HHHEELLLPPP"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by BOOSTIN-GS
If you are going to go tubro than you definitly want to get the CENTERFORCE DUAL FRICTION thats whut i have and its great. It clamps harder when the rpms rise this is the only clutch that i have had that i have not blown apart under boost.

I don't mean to be rude here, but definately without a doubt to NOT buy a Centerforce Dual Friction. I know several people who have had them and every one was terrible. Most of them just slipped after a few months, but one of them actually scattered and caused major damage to the car.

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS
2.0L, S16g Turbo, 8 Injectors, 26psi

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2633 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic