Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8486
View in threaded mode

Subject: "nvt350 reuild problem" Previous topic | Next topic
advantage123Jun-01-10 08:08 AM
Member since Jun 01st 2010
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8486, "nvt350 reuild problem"

hi everyone
this weekend I changed the input shaft bearing and seal on my 97 eclipse tranny and everything work fine got it pressed and everything, now my problem is that when i join the bellhousing and gearcase together it wont go into any gear like the levers wont move at all once the tranny is put back together...if i take it apart it will move fine. Whats causing this problem is there a special way to put the bellhousing and gearcase together or I'm just a idiot lol plz reply fast its my daily driver car and i need it thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
420agreenvilleSCJun-01-10 12:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8487, "RE: nvt350 reuild problem"
In response to Reply # 0

did you put the plastic spacer on the reverse shaft before you put the case halves together?

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

advantage123Jun-01-10 12:23 PM
3 posts,
#8488, "RE: nvt350 reuild problem"
In response to Reply # 1

yes i did i put it on the gearcase side should i mount in on the bellhousing side or there's a special way to put it ....

ModeratorbullettdsmJun-01-10 12:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#8489, "RE: nvt350 reuild problem"
In response to Reply # 2

Read toward the end of this;

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=3.55

It looks like the pics aren't responding. but it will give you an idea. Generally, you put the gearing onto the bellhousing (though I now do it with the bellhousing onto the gearing). It is a bit of an awkward technique but it works. DON'T FORCE ANYTHING!! If she's not going in, then pull her back apart and see if somethings wrong. I will use the shift levers to help me line up by extending them first them when I get to put it together, I pull back on the levers and it helps them fall in. DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH FORCE OR SPEED! This is a patience thing.

Check to be sure that you haven't squashed a bearing or something.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

advantage123Jun-01-10 01:07 PM
3 posts,
#8490, "RE: nvt350 reuild problem"
In response to Reply # 3

thanks alot i been doing it backwards with the gear case in facing up and putting the bellhousing on top ..tonite ima try it also is there a special way that the shifter lifters have to be position for example all level or what thanks and im sorry for all the questions...

420agreenvilleSCJun-01-10 04:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#8491, "RE: nvt350 reuild problem"
In response to Reply # 4

yes. the transfer case (heavy side w/ gears in it) should be lowered onto the case half (the light bellhousing side).

At first, you'll have to wiggle back/fourth to get the output shaft to line up w/ the differential. after the teeth on the gears line up, you'll know when it does by the case falling further, closer, to meshing w/ the case half.

at this point, the shift rods must line up, along with everything else. this is the patience part. My method? assuming that you have the plastic washer and magnet held on by enough grease, shake the case w/ medium strength back, fourth, left, right, and twisting. all at the same time. If you're lucky, it'll fall in place within seconds and the case halves will now be meshed together awaiting your bolt torquing.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8486 Previous topic | Next topic