Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6715
View in threaded mode

Subject: "south bend clutches" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
halfasss101Oct-22-07 08:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6715, "south bend clutches"

Does anyone know anything about the southbend clutches? Anyone running alot of power to one on their eclipse? Do they hold up well? Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-23-07 02:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6716, "RE: south bend clutches"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by halfasss101
Does anyone know anything about the southbend clutches? Anyone running alot of power to one on their eclipse? Do they hold up well? Thanks

yes, yes, and yes.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

justins71Oct-25-07 04:01 AM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#6723, "RE: south bend clutches"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm wondering this too - having issues picking a clutch now that i'm out-powering the stocker. I've tried emailing SBC but haven't gotten any return... kinda worried?

ModeratorxcasbonxOct-25-07 06:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#6724, "RE: south bend clutches"
In response to Reply # 2
Oct-26-07 09:00 AM by xcasbonx

Originally posted by justins71
I'm wondering this too - having issues picking a clutch now that i'm out-powering the stocker. I've tried emailing SBC but haven't gotten any return... kinda worried?

Call them. They are more than willing to work with you on what you need. Mention you're from 2GNT while you're at it too.

Oh and FYI, I'm running the OFE as well. Haven't had a problem with it at all.

I contributed to the Wiki.

justins71Oct-25-07 07:40 AM
466 posts,
#6725, "RE: south bend clutches"
In response to Reply # 3

got a response today, recommending the OFE if it's going to see any track time over a few runs (TZ heats up and slips after a few drops I guess). I'll give 'em a call and get the ball rollin'!

halfasss101Oct-25-07 03:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#6726, "RE: south bend clutches"
In response to Reply # 4

Ya, I was looking at the OFE. It looks good for my target power of 350+at the wheels at the track. And it's alot cheaper than the clutchmasters ($750-800 or so) If they're good, I'll for sure buy one after i get some more input from people on here. One guy already said they hold up pretty good. So I'm considering the OFE.

NightfallOct-26-07 05:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
#6727, "RE: south bend clutches"
In response to Reply # 5

I've been running the OFE for almost a year now and love it! Even after I let my girl drive my car it still shifts like new lol

ModeratorbullettdsmOct-26-07 09:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6728, "RE: south bend clutches"
In response to Reply # 6
Oct-26-07 09:55 AM by bullettdsm

I don't like just going on second hand opinion. I have never owned or used an SBC clutch (I make my own home brewed). Nevertheless, in this case I will go with the second hand info and say that Andy does an excellent job with the SBC clutches. I have yet to hear one substantiated "claim of crap" about their clutches or their customer service.

If you are going to spend $500 or more on a clutch, go with theirs.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

justins71Nov-05-07 01:07 PM
466 posts,
#6759, "RE: south bend clutches"
In response to Reply # 7

Got the new OFE in, still in the break-in period though, at least for another week or two (~700 miles I suppose). The pedal feels strange, maybe just compared to my stocker that was fried but the first time i pushed it I thought I had air in the line it depressed so easily. There's only a little resistance about 2/3 pedal then it gets easy again towards the floor. Took some gettin used to!

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

link16Nov-06-07 05:49 AM
Member since Mar 27th 2007
63 posts,
#6761, "RE: south bend clutches"
In response to Reply # 8

I would try bleeding your clutch again.

I have been running an OFE since May and I have been running her hard. Great clutch and I am happy to have one.

-Alex

That isn't an oil leak; it's sweat from all of that horsepower.

justins71Nov-06-07 09:23 AM
466 posts,
#6762, "RE: south bend clutches"
In response to Reply # 9

I was just sayin it 'felt' like there was air, in reference to my old one. I expected the new, higher tq clutch to push closer to a cable clutch on a V-8, but it's easier than my g/f's 3g stocker.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6715 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic