Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6444
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Speedometer does not work! odometer moves slower than it should" Previous topic | Next topic
505racerJun-10-07 08:05 AM
Member since Jun 10th 2007
62 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6444, "Speedometer does not work! odometer moves slower than it should"

I was going about 140 on the highway the other night, and ever since then my speedometer does not work. i took it to my grandpa to look at it because he has been a mechanic for since before time it seems like. but he does not know anything about my car.

what could be the cause of this?

how do i fix it?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-12-07 06:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6450, "RE: Speedometer does not work! odometer moves slower than it should"
In response to Reply # 0

Dead speed sensor, speed sensor ring gear loose.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2gtalon420aJun-13-07 09:53 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2007
30 posts,
#6453, "RE: Speedometer does not work! odometer moves slower than it should"
In response to Reply # 1

had the same problen was doing some e-brake turns then all of the sudden it went out i was like wtf then just turns on randonly

505racerJun-14-07 05:29 AM
62 posts,
#6460, "RE: Speedometer does not work! odometer moves slower than it should"
In response to Reply # 2

if my gear ring is loos could it totally mess up my whole transmission... maybe thats is why it does not have 2nd 4th or reverse anymore! could this be the problem?

RoninEclipse2GJun-14-07 07:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#6463, "RE: Speedometer does not work! odometer moves slower than it should"
In response to Reply # 3

might have gone in so far it's blocking those forks

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

505racerJun-15-07 05:16 AM
62 posts,
#6466, "RE: Speedometer does not work! odometer moves slower than it should"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
might have gone in so far it's blocking those forks

How much should it cost to get this fixed... my Grandpa said i would have to get the whole transmission rebuilt.. is this true?

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-15-07 06:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#6467, "RE: Speedometer does not work! odometer moves slower than it should"
In response to Reply # 5

No, just having the speedo ring gear come loose won't break anything else. It's loose on the diff and the speed sensor gear can't contact it.

You don;t have to rebuild the whole trans to fix it, but you do have to drop it and open it up.

It could also just be a dead speed sensor. Check it.

For what its worth, usually when you can't get it into a set of gears like 1-3 or 2-4, it's just a linkage problem.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6444 Previous topic | Next topic