Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2941
View in threaded mode

Subject: "XTD clutches on EBay??" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
techboyJun-11-04 01:42 AM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2941, "XTD clutches on EBay??"

Anybody have an XTD clutch? There is always a few of them selling on Ebay. Says they hold around 300HP - I was wondering if they are any good.

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
ughhheadJun-12-04 08:28 AM
Member since Jul 05th 2003
775 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2950, "RE: XTD clutches on EBay??"
In response to Reply # 0

i would like to know about this as well. i'm really in need of a new clutch and have been looking at ebay alot and have wondered about these xtd clutches.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

techboyJun-12-04 05:32 PM
1662 posts,
#2955, "RE: XTD clutches on EBay??"
In response to Reply # 1

Well, I'll let you know. Usually I don't buy "cheaper" things off Ebay for my car, but my turbo went bad and I had to buy a new one, so my money shifted from buying a high end clutch to the most afforable aftermarket one I could find. I should be installing it shortly, so I'll post back up here after driving on it for a while.

Hopefully it's everything they say it is.

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

ughhheadJun-14-04 04:29 AM
775 posts,
#2969, "RE: XTD clutches on EBay??"
In response to Reply # 2

oh jeeze, well i hope it works well. good luck with the install. i'd like to know how it works out.

PowerEclipsesJun-14-04 05:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#2972, "RE: XTD clutches on EBay??"
In response to Reply # 3

chris, i sold you a clutch i thought?????

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

techboyJun-16-04 05:33 PM
1662 posts,
#2993, "RE: XTD clutches on EBay??"
In response to Reply # 4
Jun-16-04 05:37 PM by techboy

Geo - Yeah, you sold me a Clutchmasters Stage III clutch (a much better clutch) for me to discover later that it was only capabatable with a 95 eclipse, which used a Luk flywheel, instead of the SACHS flywheel that is in my car. One of those stupid minor differences. See my other post in here and following discussion titled "clutch problem"

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=2736&mesg_id=2736&page=2

Educate yourself ...

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

Sorry_i_WinJun-17-04 03:15 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#2994, "RE: XTD clutches on EBay??"
In response to Reply # 5
Jun-17-04 03:30 AM by Sorry_i_Win

do u still have that CM stage III and if I used it with an aluminum flywheel would it work ok in my '96... what if I bought a tranny from a '95? Let me know if it's for sale and how much... also i assume its modular or no?

EDIT: nevermind.. i c it's been sold

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

techboyJun-17-04 09:29 AM
1662 posts,
#3002, "RE: XTD clutches on EBay??"
In response to Reply # 6

Sorry I win - as you noted: yes, I sold the clutch.

Just some free info though for future reference. The tranny in a 95 and the 96-99 are the same, they should all be the NVT350. There was just a slight difference in SOME of the clutches themselves on 95 cars. That difference being the thickness of the pressure plate due to differening flywheels. The flywheel on some of the 95's is a Luk flywheel and the rest of the vehicles are a SACHS flywheel. They look very similar and the bolt holes are even identical, however a Luk pressure plate on a SACHS flywheel won't work and vise versa. That being said, if you bought a clutchmasters clutch you would need a lightened FW for a 94/95 neon or a 95 eclipse b/c CM uses a Luk design. If you bought any other clutch with a SACHS design, you can use any 95-99 eclipse ligthened flywheel. You can also switch over to a non-modular clutch, which is a whole other option.

It's a bit confusing, but I hope that makes sense.

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

Sorry_i_WinJun-17-04 12:43 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#3004, "RE: XTD clutches on EBay??"
In response to Reply # 7
Jun-17-04 12:44 PM by Sorry_i_Win

thanx for the info. makes perfect sense, but due to having to drill out/tap/bolt the flywheel, I dont think I'm going to bother with a lightweight flywheel, so I guess a modular clutch will be fine.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

techboyJun-17-04 05:45 PM
1662 posts,
#3006, "RE: XTD clutches on EBay??"
In response to Reply # 8

I wasn't going to say it, but I wouldn't bother with a lightened FW either. I drilled out the taps on my clutch and used the stocker. I have tap numbers and bolt thread suggestions if your interested....

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

ughhheadJun-18-04 01:19 PM
775 posts,
#3014, "RE: XTD clutches on EBay??"
In response to Reply # 9

hey did you get your XTD yet? i'm trying to find a clutch and it still hurts so much to drop $400-$440 on a spec stage 2 or 3. i really want to know how it is.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2941 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic