Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2956
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Did I just buy the wrong clutch?" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
Sorry_i_WinJun-12-04 01:36 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2956, "Did I just buy the wrong clutch?"

Hey, I just bought a Centerforce Stage 3 clutch for $240 shipped on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7904758507&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT), but I forgot to ask if it was modular or non-modular and plus I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to need. I'm a little confused and I need a few things cleared up.

My car is a '96 but I blew the tranny and I need a new one, so what year tranny do I need to use for this clutch.. or does it matter? Also, I'm going to get an aluminum flywheel from another member here if that matters. Basically, I need to know what clutch, flywheels, and trannies I can use with my car. I've searched and read all that i could, but I'm just more confused now than I was before.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
MajinVejitaXVJun-12-04 02:12 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2002
446 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2957, "RE: Did I just buy the wrong clutch?"
In response to Reply # 0

Description sucks, but he says it's for the Eclipse, Talon, Sebring and Avenger...if those last two weren't in there, I'd be a bit worried, but since they are I think you're set. Contact the guy beforehand though and get a better description.

-Corey

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SteveJun-12-04 02:32 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2003
1542 posts,
#2958, "RE: Did I just buy the wrong clutch?"
In response to Reply # 1

we use modular..Dunno from just looking at the clutch but we use modular yeah.

Steve-o
Top secret.

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I guess I'll just have to live with a 500+ hp AWD 4-banger.

Sorry_i_WinJun-12-04 03:02 PM
1910 posts,
#2959, "Does CenterForce stage 3 suck?"
In response to Reply # 2

so is that a modular clutch? Also, from what I just read doing more search on this forum, it sounds like centerforce DF clutches suck.. damn.. maybe i should retract my bid if i can?

If it is modular, how do I use an aluminum flywheel... don't modular clutches have the flywheel riveted to them?

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

SteveJun-12-04 03:57 PM
1542 posts,
#2960, "RE: Does CenterForce stage 3 suck?"
In response to Reply # 3

I think that is a modular and for the modular aluminum flywheel you'd haveto go with fidanza I guess...Im getting a lotta info on my little search currently..But I think its modular

Steve-o
Top secret.

grainJun-12-04 07:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#2961, "RE: Does CenterForce stage 3 suck?"
In response to Reply # 4

answer, yes dfcf clutchs suck. and we do use modular clutches but we can also use non-modular. you can use a different flywheel. just have to drill out thwe rivits and rerivit it back up if you want to run modular.

SteveJun-12-04 07:33 PM
1542 posts,
#2962, "RE: Does CenterForce stage 3 suck?"
In response to Reply # 5

modular= easier on the swapidge than non-modualr...

Steve-o
Top secret.

Sorry_i_WinJun-12-04 10:33 PM
1910 posts,
#2963, "RE: Does CenterForce stage 3 suck?"
In response to Reply # 6

the flywheel os a clutchmasters... but should i decline payment and retract my bid... or stck with it,,, i need to know asap...

Sorry_i_WinJun-13-04 04:52 AM
1910 posts,
#2964, "ACT clutches for our car 2100, 2600?"
In response to Reply # 7

Ok... I'm gonna try to get the seller to let me out of buyin it... if so, what's the best stage 3ish clutch i can get thats still relatively inexpensive (say maybe $300)? I want it to last and be able to hold around 350hp. I've read good things about ACT clutches, but it doesnt seem like they make them for our cars.. only the 4g63. I've also heard clutchmasters and Spec are good... but they seem to be too far out of my price range.

SteveJun-13-04 06:21 AM
1542 posts,
#2965, "RE: ACT clutches for our car 2100, 2600?"
In response to Reply # 8

act dosent make one for our car's but spec is a pretty good name from what Ive heard. They're around 359 for a stage 3/4.

Steve-o
Top secret.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-13-04 05:28 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#2966, "RE: ACT clutches for our car 2100, 2600?"
In response to Reply # 9

i wanted to go under 300, so i went with an ebay clutch by zume. I will never do that again. My car will be down until i can save another 100.00 for a SPEC. Does that help you at all?

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges

97 Eclipse
Greddy header/evo exhaust - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, SFMU/return line, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2956 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic