Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1160
View in threaded mode

Subject: "**************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
jsupetranJun-10-03 06:44 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1160, "**************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********"
Jun-10-03 06:51 AM by jsupetran

this is what you all mean right? you pretty much re-route the A and B lines into the tranny cooler?

so A line goes into a the remote filter (which goes into the cooler), and B receives the line from the tranny cooler, right?

-------jezreel

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Joe B SlowJun-10-03 06:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1161, "RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********"
In response to Reply # 0

You got it. Ditch your stock cooling lines and cooler though and go straight into your auxillary cooler. Thats the way I did mine because the tranny techs were telling me the stock lines have a tendency to collapse.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jsupetranJun-10-03 06:54 AM
4359 posts,
#1162, "RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********"
In response to Reply # 1

does the remote filter come with the tranny cooler?

i have to mount the tranny cooler infront of the "left air damn."

anyone know how will this will fit with a 1g smic? i'm afraid i'm going to run out of room!

-------jezreel

ModeratorCorbinJun-10-03 07:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#1163, "RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********"
In response to Reply # 2

Or you can just add the aux cooler inline. I prefer that method. I let the fluid exit the tranny, then put it through a housing with the temp sensor, then to the stock cooler, then to the aux cooler in my drivers scoop, and finally back to the tranny. The stock cooler will knock a good bit of heat out of the fluid whether you're idling or cruising the interstate. The stocker is a liquid to liquid type that can pull a good bit of heat out (but only down to the coolant temp). The auxiliary can pick up the slack if the stocker can't handle the load. The auxiliary also has the ability to drop the temp below the coolant temp (because it uses ambient air). But the auxiliary is a liquid to air type. It needs a large mass of air passing through it to do any good (so you should be moving). So, I prefer to run both inline. Here's a pic of my routing:

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

DirtyJun-10-03 02:35 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#1168, "RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********"
In response to Reply # 3
Jun-10-03 02:38 PM by Dirty

WTF! I thought B was the line that runs out of the tranny and A was the line back in. I unplugged the B hose and started the car and tranny fluid squirted out. Am I wrong on all this? Someone confirm, cause if I'm wrong, my shit has been hooked up ass backwards forever.

EDIT* I just noticed the 2 pics have the letters backwards from one another. So, in the first pic, A is out and B is in right?

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

soulcontrollerJun-10-03 02:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1169, "RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********"
In response to Reply # 4

if you take the letters in the 1st pic, i just unplugged the B line completely, and put my cooler in-between. the b line from the tranny goes into the cooler, then out from the cooler into the hard line.

as for a filter, im sure you can just add that inline as well.

DirtyJun-10-03 02:58 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#1171, "RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********"
In response to Reply # 5

SO your saying the B line is the line that the tranny fluid goes into the cooler and the A line recieves the fluid from the cooler? This fucking sucks! Why the fuck would fluid squirt out of the A line when I had it unplugged? I've had my shit fucked up for over a year now. In Corbins diagram, it looks like the A line is the outlet line for the fluid and the B line is the inlet line. Thats how mine is hooked up, except I have a remote filter before the OE cooler.

So I guess I have my fluid going from the tranny to the AUX. cooler to the OE cooler to the remote filter and then back in the tranny. This pisses me off.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

amljbsJun-10-03 03:11 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#1172, "RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********"
In response to Reply # 6
Jun-10-03 03:15 PM by amljbs

Dirty Im with you I had the same results tranny fluid flows
out of the tranny from the line closest to the engine.

This is how mine is set:

http://www20.brinkster.com/amljbs/trannyflow.jpg

1998 Eclipse GST

soulcontrollerJun-10-03 07:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1179, "RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********"
In response to Reply # 7

as long as it goes through both coolers, i would think you
would be alright.  i dont have a filter, so im not really sure
whats up with that.  

but is it really going to make a difference?

jsupetranJun-10-03 08:53 PM
4359 posts,
#1181, "RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********"
In response to Reply # 8
Jun-10-03 08:56 PM by jsupetran

oops, i can't believe i screwed up this one.

-------jezreel

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/pb144f4de359477531136e495adebfff2/fc07b40d.jpg.thumb.jpg

jsupetranJun-10-03 09:07 PM
4359 posts,
#1182, "RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********"
In response to Reply # 9

so what do you all think,

the A line (based on the first pic) into the stock cooling line, then the stock cooling line goes into the cooler, then from the cooler into the B line (based on the letters from the first pic).

-------jezreel

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1160 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic