Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2215
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Autostick wiring" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Previous topic | Next topic
thedawgNov-12-03 09:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2215, "Autostick wiring"

OK, gotta ressurect this one.

Thanks to Alain for this pic of 96+ TCU:

Question 1: What's the box labelled U / D? That's not a schematic symbol I recognize. I think it must be a relay, but the pins aren't labelled, and it's the wrong symbol.

Question 2: What's the Circle marked "F11" "(1)" "Off/Run/Start" supposed to be? It's not labelled "Ignition", so that's not it.

It seems to me the F11 circle should be the "Arm" switch, the one that would be triggered by pushing a real autostick over into the autostick "neutral/O" section of the gear selector. But the schematic doesn't show it with a ground or a switch symbol, so it can't be a switch.

Question 3: Isn't a hall-effect switch a magnetic, 3-position switch?

Full Schematic here: http://www.asog.net/modules/gallery/albums/album62/aan.jp g

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
thedawgNov-12-03 10:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2216, "RE: Autostick wiring"
In response to Reply # 0

This is my interpretation of what I think Alain has suggested will work:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ChamukoNov-12-03 11:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#2217, "RE: Autostick wiring"
In response to Reply # 1
Nov-12-03 11:20 AM by Chamuko

NM. I see where you are heading...Somehow that doesnt look ...uhm nm again . I see how its suppose to work.

get on this , If need be we can test it on my car.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

alain95i4Nov-12-03 11:35 AM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
#2218, "RE: Autostick wiring"
In response to Reply # 2
Nov-12-03 11:37 AM by alain95i4

U is UPshifting
D is Downshifting

you could replace the 2 switch that you see inside the box with 2 mommentary switch going from the ECU to ground

F11 on switch is probably a switch that prohibits turning the ignition switch of the car while the stick is push on the side at the autostick position, just like the similar device on the Drive position

Alain

one of the 2.4 true pionners

jsupetranNov-12-03 11:51 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#2219, "RE: Autostick wiring"
In response to Reply # 3

so does this imply we buy extra stuff for it to work (if so how much) or is this just rewiring?

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

alain95i4Nov-12-03 12:26 PM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
#2220, "RE: Autostick wiring"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by jsupetran
so does this imply we buy extra stuff for it to work (if so how much) or is this just rewiring?

If this works you may have to buy 2 pins for the connectors, a few feet of wiring and 2 switches at $2-3 each for good ones

a big $5-6
Alain

one of the 2.4 true pionners

python6586Nov-12-03 04:31 PM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
#2221, "RE: Autostick wiring"
In response to Reply # 5

i was gonna try this a while ago but got so swamped with school, work and the turbo install that i just didnt have time to do it, ill see when i can get around to it

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

thedawgNov-13-03 09:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#2222, "RE: Autostick wiring"
In response to Reply # 6

Chamuko, give me a call whenever you want to try this.

I have all the electronics necessary, and I'll try and make a prototype on my car this week sometime (in between clutch jobs ) so we can just plug it in to yours and test.

Time to dig that TCU out of the dash...

ChamukoNov-14-03 08:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#2223, "RE: Autostick wiring"
In response to Reply # 7

Sounds good to me. Ill email ya in a bit or call ya later on.

Member # 751

(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

97_420aNov-17-03 05:14 PM
Member since Jul 17th 2002
119 posts,
#2259, "RE: Autostick wiring"
In response to Reply # 8

anybody try this yet? im curious about doing this if it works, but cant afford any downtime if something goes wrong...only having 1 car sucks...

Dan
97 Base Dodge Avenger
aem cai, jeep tb, 17" gsx rims, tq mod, eclipse center console, shift knob, autometer phantom trans temp & a/f gauge

boosted by summer

ChamukoNov-18-03 04:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#2262, "RE: Autostick wiring"
In response to Reply # 9

Well we were but we spent the time figuring other things first. Cant try it if you dont have a running car you know

Member # 751

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2215 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Previous topic | Next topic