Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #118973
View in threaded mode

Subject: "WTB: S16G/S20G" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
JFeb-11-11 11:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118973, "WTB: S16G/S20G"

My S16G is needing a rebuild, and am weighing my options (got pricing from hahn for kit/rebuild/upgrade)... and wanted to see if anyone here has a good/working S16G or S20G for sale?

My priority is to minimize downtime (a simple swap would be quickest), and to ofcourse limit expense. I'm currently pushing 20lbs w/ 440's, SFMU, & SAFC... and not sure the implications of what else would be needed in upgrading to S20G either (although the benefit to me is obvious, lower temps and power).

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
grainFeb-11-11 02:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118975, "RE: WTB: S16G/S20G"
In response to Reply # 0

rebuilding the turbo literally takes like 5 minutes. and you dont even need to take the hot side off the manifold.

JFeb-11-11 02:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#118976, "RE: WTB: S16G/S20G"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by grain
rebuilding the turbo literally takes like 5 minutes. and you dont even need to take the hot side off the manifold.

I don't doubt that (although I'd prob take my time and remove completely to spray housing w/ copper to look a bit nicer)... and not sure HRC wants their pricing up, but the long rebuild kit right now is $188, a prof rebuild is $300, and a S20G upgrade is $500 (plus shipping and taxes, since they moved to FL - where I live). So if I'm looking at a couple hundred dollars at the least, I wanted to see if I couldn't get a bigger (or spare) turbo.

- J

SilvrEclipsFeb-11-11 10:35 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#118977, "RE: WTB: S16G/S20G"
In response to Reply # 2

You cant use a standard Td05 rebuild kit? They are less than 100

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

JFeb-12-11 09:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#118978, "RE: WTB: S16G/S20G"
In response to Reply # 3
Feb-12-11 10:00 PM by J

I don't have an answer for you (I assume so, maybe someone can say here), and I did the same searching when I first posted and found the same pricing... however, I will say the 'standard' rebuild is ~$90, but the 'long' or 'full' rebuild is ~$150 (depending on where you look). Having never done this before, I'm basically going by Corbin's writeup which calls for the complete rebuild. Hahn also made a point to mention theirs was 'Mitsu genuine' and not an import/ebay knockoff too (which does mean something to me).

Still looking for a S16G/S20G
- J

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #118973 Previous topic | Next topic