Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #9473
View in threaded mode

Subject: ">>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665Sep-08-03 03:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9473, ">>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<"

Whassa!

We here in Phoenix met up with a member of a predominantly 3G/ASOG board this past weekend and it looks as though we'll be getting together with them regularly. Real nice people. It's a shame the local DSM crowd aren't this nice.

REASON FOR THE POST:
Come the last week of FEB or the first week of MAR, we are looking to put together a POKER RUN to LAUGHLIN, NV. In the works are a dedicated location to show, trophies, pre-arranged rooms at a central location and much food and fun.

This is just to get the idea out to the 2GNT community in advance. I will be posting updates as I get them, but this sounds like it could be a sort of SW meet a lot of us would be interested in attending.

The DesertDiamonds group we're starting to hang with is about the same size as us and they are incahoots with ASOGers here too. They also have members in SoCal that are planning to attend this event. They make it a yearly thing. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a convoy of maybe 20 cars make the drive from Phoenix. Add in the people in NV (I'm sure VegasDSM knows a few) and then the 2GNT army we have in CA and you have something almost newsworthy!

Like I said, I really think this could turn out to be something awesome and I want to give everyone as much advance notice as I can. If you think this is something you might be down for, let me know.

Damn this is starting to get exciting!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
run4cvrSep-08-03 04:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2477 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9476, "RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm down

John 96 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

thedawgSep-08-03 10:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#9484, "RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<"
In response to Reply # 1

I was all signed up and ready to roll with the desert diamonds event last year...

But the concept seemed really complicated, the timetable too rigid, and the organization not the best.

IMO if they want to draw a crowd out into radiator-melty-land, they need to simplify and relax things a little, as well as get organized early to provide a good source for all the info wayyy in advance.

Maybe they read this, maybe not, either way I'd like to make it this year.

ChamukoSep-09-03 07:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#9493, "RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<"
In response to Reply # 2

shoot if you go Dan ill go

this sounds like that F-body thing me and my friend were gonna go to. ITs called las vegas invasion? here is the link... see if we can borrow some ideas. www.lasvegasinvasion.com

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

ezSep-09-03 09:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#9499, "RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<"
In response to Reply # 3

I might be in Lauglin around that time anyway - there's a salsa convention going on around spring break. yea baby

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

TeamDR1665Sep-09-03 09:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#9501, "RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<"
In response to Reply # 4

From what I heard, last year the SoCal 3G guy who was helping to coordinate things from that end changed car clubs or something and got a lot of static and for wahtever reason, the weight of putting the whoe thing together fell upon one guy who had to do his best to clean up the pieces.

Assuming this is still about 6 months out, I'm thinking we can get it put together nicely. And who says we have to play any poker? We can just roll up for the show/meet and find us some sluts, I mean slots!

Again, this sounds like it could really kick some ass. Start giving it some thought.

cota472Sep-09-03 11:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
827 posts,
#9505, "RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<"
In response to Reply # 5

>We can just roll up for the show/meet and find us some
>sluts, I mean slots!

Brian, you hope your wife isnt reading this, or her mom. anyways i'm down for a 2GNT Road tri

eclipseman1999Sep-09-03 12:26 PM
Member since Jul 25th 2003
973 posts,
#9506, "RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<"
In response to Reply # 6

I would be down to go

Shawn
99 Eclipse RS
Hahn Stage 2,Full built bottom end with je 8:8 and eagle rods ect..

96rs-tSep-09-03 05:20 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#9510, "RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<"
In response to Reply # 7

I'll go down. we need a meet like this

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

TeamDR1665Sep-10-03 04:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#9527, "RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<"
In response to Reply # 8

We're going to be getting together with a bunch of these 3G/ASOG guys for a BBQ here in PHX on the 20th. It will probably be most of the die hards who would also be making the run with us. I'll make sure to get a head count to get an idea of about how many cars would be going from AZ. I'm atill optimistic for 20+

More updates as I get em!

CVedEclipseSep-11-03 12:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#9615, "RE: >>>>>>AZ-CA-NV<<<<<<<"
In response to Reply # 9

id definitely be interested if enough so cal guys can convoy up there.... keep us updated on the details

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #9473 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic