Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4041
View in threaded mode

Subject: "anyone race an STI or EVO8 with a 420a turbo" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
95GSEclipseMar-30-04 02:06 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2003
662 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4041, "anyone race an STI or EVO8 with a 420a turbo"

I was wondering if anyone here has raced a STI or EVO8 with a turboed 420a? If you have how did the race go (roll or dead stop) and what is done to your car

Klein567 - Ya i heard about that ticket you and Sean got.
Clint485 - Stupid chick cop...worst part was she looked like a dude.
Klein567- Thats becuase all hot cops are strippers

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
BlueMoonEclipseMar-30-04 04:08 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2003
1352 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4042, "RE: anyone race an STI or EVO8 with a 420a turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

I Beleive my friend this belongs in war stories since this is not so much a track type question (more like a street racing one)

vote for your choice of body style for Bluie!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/bluemooneclipse

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665Mar-31-04 08:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#4043, "RE: anyone race an STI or EVO8 with a 420a turbo"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by BlueMoonEclipse
I Beleive my friend this belongs in war stories since this is not so much a track type question (more like a street racing one)

I agree. Don't want a legit race forum over run with street racing crap imo.

er0ckzMar-31-04 12:49 PM
Member since Mar 28th 2004
431 posts,
#4045, "RE: anyone race an STI or EVO8 with a 420a turbo"
In response to Reply # 2

I raced my boy's EVO and I lost by 2 cars. Stage 2 HRC. He would have done better but then again, he can't drive. -=)

Super20GApr-02-04 09:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4054, "RE: anyone race an STI or EVO8 with a 420a turbo"
In response to Reply # 3

I've toyed w/ them both on the road... yes, i have mods out the ears, and yes, you are in the wrong forum... hehe

DarKReaLityApr-02-04 06:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#4055, "RE: anyone race an STI or EVO8 with a 420a turbo"
In response to Reply # 4

i got beat by both of them at 1st gear, but at 2nd i was even, 3rd i was gone. they were stock though.

SkrillaApr-03-04 07:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#4056, "RE: anyone race an STI or EVO8 with a 420a turbo"
In response to Reply # 5

how many pounds were you running

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

DarKReaLityApr-04-04 06:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#4057, "RE: anyone race an STI or EVO8 with a 420a turbo"
In response to Reply # 6

that was i think if i remember 15-17psi,it was while ago with my old fuel setup. 50lb injectors, and SFMU. the launch was the only thing that got me, but when top end hit, i was gone. the EVO guy had a surprise look on his face when i let him catch upto me. the WRX was beaten like 2 car lenghts at 4th gear, and the EVO was sort of the same, he was kinda closer, i don't know it was night time and his lights were behind me so i couldn't tell. you see many of them in Miami so i had my opportunites.

mike rs-tJun-22-04 03:52 PM
Member since May 24th 2004
156 posts,
#4250, "RE: anyone race an STI or EVO8 with a 420a turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

i raced a evo 8 from a dead stop with my 98 rs star turbo kit(t3), custom front mounted intercooler w/2.5"pipe, turbox bov,26lb. inj,2.5" cat back obx exhaust w/high flow cat,manual boost con.at 7psi.and i'm auto. i had three people with me and he was alone(that sucked!)anyways he left me off the line bad. he was 2-3 cars ahead before i even hit full boost and pulled from me like i do to stock neons. the weight made a huge differece i'm sure but you just can't beat that allwheel drive five-speed off the line unless you got slicks or something. i think from a 20mph roll-on (by myself!!)at 9 psi i would stay right with him if i'm lucky. they are fast as hell.

gofaster87Jun-24-04 11:42 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2003
113 posts,
#4266, "RE: anyone race an STI or EVO8 with a 420a turbo"
In response to Reply # 8

I own both so I figure I would give some input. I had a gs with 10 lbs of boost(n/t now) and it was a fast car but I dont think it would be close to an evo. the fastest recorded 1/4 mile time in a stock evo is 12.9(timeslip was provided and it was witnessed) but most run mid 13s. You can figure that a nicely built eclipse could easily hold with an Evo but with less than a grand in mods the Evo can run low to mid 12s with no problem. Another thing to factor in is the awd which takes its toll after 100mph on an evo. On the track there is no comparison between the two, the evo in stock trim is a beast on a roadcourse and an eclipse would need some heavy suspension and brake work to keep up. Most people dont understand the evo is not a drag car even though many people do drag it.

Moderator992gntJun-27-04 08:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#4282, "RE: anyone race an STI or EVO8 with a 420a turbo"
In response to Reply # 9

There's another Evo owner on the board?!? Does that make 4?

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4041 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic