Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1571
View in threaded mode

Subject: "To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
j92Jul-29-02 02:52 AM
Member since Jun 20th 2002
77 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1571, "To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"

Just looking for a little inspiration. I would love to have a stick, but I don't think that will ever happen unless I get the nerve to do the transition.

Jay | Black '98 GS

AEM CAI ... NGK BKR6E-11 spark plugs ... Motor mount inserts (not yet installed) ... Test pipe (not yet installed) ... Apexi N1 muffler (not yet installed)

Jay | Black '98 GS

AEM CAI ... NGK BKR6E-11 spark plugs ... Motor mount inserts (not yet installed) ... Test pipe (not yet installed) ... Apexi N1 muffler (not yet installed)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
TeamAvengerJul-29-02 02:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1572, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 0

Back in the good 'ol days before the swap the best time with the AT was a 16.9 @ 81. I think Shuwa's got the record with a 16.8 or so. Ryan had a 16.7 in his avenger.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

soulcontrollerJul-31-02 02:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1573, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 1

hmm. i ran an 18.5 the other day with a good 200 lbs of stereo in the back, topped off tank of gas, 17" rims, and thats about all i can think of right now.

i have a cat back, cai, plugs and wires...

50 shot of nos was in the trunk but not functioning.

damn it was slow.

phatGSJul-31-02 03:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#1574, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 2

i ran 17.2 w/ aem cold air intake....

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

Blk95TalonAug-01-02 01:20 AM
Member since Feb 20th 2002
875 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1575, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 3

No no no...there was someone on here with the at record...i think it was 11sec, but the timeslips mysteriously disappeared, and then the car got in an accident and was totaled. But it <insert sarcasm here> REALLY was a 11 sec auto !!!

Account disabled upon user's request.

-CODE4

DarKReaLityAug-02-02 10:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#1576, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 4

i got so far 13.6 at 15psi on my run 2 weeks ago. hopefully it'll improve if this ECU mod is legit.

TeamAvengerAug-02-02 12:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#1577, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 5

Sorry. I meant the record NA. No turbo no NOS. hehe. My bad.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

soldier101Aug-02-02 01:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#1578, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 6

I ran steady 18.5's at the track, with no other weight except me

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

9D9 MITSU RSAug-03-02 07:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1579, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 7

I wanna run. I think I can break 16's. I hope. I'll probably run it sometime b4 I make it fast with turbo. My car seems pretty decent for auto. I have beaten other autos pretty badly, and I have had wins, small losses, and a few even pulls with 5 speed eclipses. I guess it depends on the driver, but still, a 5 speed is supposed to be quicker b/c less drivetrain parts. I can chirp 2nd as it is, and I can make it hit 3rd early with some traction loss for a split sec. It will chirp or feels like it, and sometimes feels like a small spin if I play with the gas pedal at around 50-60 range. It'll wind out, then just hit into 3rd when I feel it going to 3rd, apply the gas 100% and you get a little traction drama. It will hellafied chirp 2nd tho. You have to fuck with it a lot to get any results with 3rd, and it isn't worth it, b/c it doesn't do anything by shifting early.

fasterGSAug-04-02 03:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1580, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 8

>I wanna run. I think I can break 16's. I hope. I'll probably
>run it sometime b4 I make it fast with turbo. My car seems
>pretty decent for auto. I have beaten other autos pretty
>badly, and I have had wins, small losses, and a few even
>pulls with 5 speed eclipses. I guess it depends on the
>driver, but still, a 5 speed is supposed to be quicker b/c
>less drivetrain parts. I can chirp 2nd as it is, and I can
>make it hit 3rd early with some traction loss for a split
>sec. It will chirp or feels like it, and sometimes feels
>like a small spin if I play with the gas pedal at around
>50-60 range. It'll wind out, then just hit into 3rd when I
>feel it going to 3rd, apply the gas 100% and you get a
>little traction drama. It will hellafied chirp 2nd tho. You
>have to fuck with it a lot to get any results with 3rd, and
>it isn't worth it, b/c it doesn't do anything by shifting
>early.

You keep playing with the tranny like that and you will be replacing it. The AT trannys don't put up with much abuse, its so damn senstive that if you put the wrong tranny fluid in it will go boom. Just a thought bud, you might want to take it easy.

gseclipse_1999Aug-14-02 08:26 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
51 posts,
#1581, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 9

My best time

Reaction - .243(ouch)
60ft - 2.5800
1/8th mile - 10.779
1/4 mile - 16.663 at 85.749mph

Eclipse GS 1999
Greddy Headers
AirMass Catback Exhaust
Nology Plug Wires
Nology Spark Plugs
AEM Cool Air Intake
Jet Chip

Eclipse GS 1999 10th Ann.
Greddy Headers
AirMass Catback Exhaust
Nology Plug Wires
Nology Spark Plugs
AEM Cool Air Intake
Jet Chip
Unorthodox UDP

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1571 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic