Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5546
View in threaded mode

Subject: "They are making me wear a helmet now. Broke into 13's NA!!" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorbullettdsmApr-01-07 02:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5546, "They are making me wear a helmet now. Broke into 13's NA!!"
Apr-01-07 02:22 PM by bullettdsm

No this is NOT an April Fools joke! I wanted to post this tomorrow but others were at the track and I wanted to be sure that I told you guys about it before them.

Yup, new set-up (MSnS and new clutch). Got all of 2 runs in but it was the best 2 run day I've had. Got to New England Dragway around 11:00. Just in time to see them shut down the track for 1 1/2hours. Finally lined up for first run. Took it very easy on the new clutch set-up because I hadn't really worked it yet. Around a 3k launch; progressive. No above 7k shifts (I wanted to be sure that I got a run in). Checked the ticker tape at the shack; 14.1! Already beat the 14.332 without even trying!

Next run I got on the clutch a little bit harder. A little smoke in the water but not full out. Run her and she felt pretty good. Get the ticker tape;

13.935 @ 100.28! http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5121984

No shit? Into the 13's already! With a triple digit trap? What a little MSnS can do to make your day. She pulls right through the line. Seems like no leveling off like before. I'm pretty stoked about this one

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
Moderatorcs82685Apr-01-07 02:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5547, "RE: They are making me wear a helmet now. Broke into 13's NA!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Congrats Mark way to go :

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

kain_99gsApr-01-07 02:46 PM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
#5548, "RE: They are making me wear a helmet now. Broke into 13's NA!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Hot damn

dsmmythApr-02-07 07:14 AM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#5549, "RE: They are making me wear a helmet now. Broke into 13's NA!!"
In response to Reply # 2

W
O
W

Congrats, man.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

XMasta19Apr-02-07 07:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#5550, "RE: They are making me wear a helmet now. Broke into 13's NA!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Way to go bro, you're welcome for all the help and support along the way

-Xavier-
95 Eclipse RS-T...lost in the frozen tundra

cc8ballaApr-02-07 07:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#5551, "RE: They are making me wear a helmet now. Broke into 13's NA!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by dsmmyth
W O W Congrats, man.

Uhh, yea. I'm speechless. Didn't I say that I wanted to see you in the 13s next? Goddamn. Congrats Capt. Caveman!

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

eclipse982nrRSTApr-02-07 07:25 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#5552, "RE: They are making me wear a helmet now. Broke into 13's NA!!"
In response to Reply # 4

Congrats

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-02-07 09:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#5553, "RE: They are making me wear a helmet now. Broke into 13's NA!!"
In response to Reply # 6

Fuckin AWESOME.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

cougar694uApr-02-07 09:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#5554, "RE: They are making me wear a helmet now. Broke into 13's NA!!"
In response to Reply # 7

Holy hell, that's some good shit! I often wonder how my car would have ran with the shit I had layin around.

Guess I'll never know.

I do know how it feels to break into that next second, though. I never expected to hit the 11's and did on accident over Thanksgiving weekend with the 11.91.

Congrats!

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

ModeratorxcasbonxApr-02-07 09:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#5555, "RE: They are making me wear a helmet now. Broke into 13's NA!!"
In response to Reply # 8

Congrats man that is impressive!

I contributed to the Wiki.

ezApr-02-07 09:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#5556, "RE: They are making me wear a helmet now. Broke into 13's NA!!"
In response to Reply # 9

That was an amazing run, Wow I can only imagine picking up a time slip and reading that. Triple digits geez

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5546 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic