Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1104
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Top SPEED" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
coppereclipse95Apr-29-02 11:59 AM
Member since Apr 29th 2002
1068 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1104, "Top SPEED"

Does anybody know "how" to take out the limiter? Or anything I can do to go over 120mph. A lot of people told me to change out the CPU, mess with the speed sensor... But, i don't know. I drive a 95 Eclipse RS. Anybody, please tell me. I can't let them punk ass Mustang Cobras beat me on the interstate. So PLEASE!!!

1995 Eclipse RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
phatGSApr-29-02 01:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1105, "RE: Top SPEED"
In response to Reply # 0

the only limiter you have is gear limited....GST's are the only 2nd gen. with speed limiter.

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fast420AApr-30-02 03:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#1106, "RE: Top SPEED"
In response to Reply # 1

Yup, you just aren't making enough power to overcome the wind drag at that speed. Some of our stage 3 - 5 turbo guys have gone 150+

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

USAF96Apr-30-02 07:52 AM
Member since Apr 07th 2002
110 posts,
#1107, "RE: Top SPEED"
In response to Reply # 2

I hit 137 on a flat surface, in my 96 rs no problem, I might have been able to do more if there wasnt traffic in front of me.

Evan
Looking

CVedEclipseApr-30-02 10:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#1108, "RE: Top SPEED"
In response to Reply # 3

going down a huge downhill, i hit 140+.. scary as hell because you dont realize how fast you need to brake before you run into the upcoming traffic

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

DSBLK93GTApr-30-02 10:32 AM
Member since Jan 01st 2002
784 posts,
#1109, "RE: Top SPEED"
In response to Reply # 4

It is going to take more than that to beat a Cobra on the freeway. Heck..my old "box" 93 has no prob pegging the speedo past 140. BUT..I do reach the drag limits at about 4200 or so in 5th..only way to overcome it is more power. At least you have aerodynamics in your favor. My Probe has a 113mph limiter...but it is there for a reason..tires are only S speed rated..to 112. Soon as I get better tires..that's coming off!! My friend had his 95 GS to 140 I believe though....

'00 Harley-Davidson F150
'88 Mustang GT
'93 Mustang LX 5.0
'00 Focus (beater)

wakebord99May-02-02 01:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
130 posts,
#1110, "RE: Top SPEED"
In response to Reply # 5

97' Eclipse RS (kinda)

I saw the needle pinned, at 170 on a stretch of flat road. I have smaller wheels/tires so it was prob close to 155-160 but i'ld say
not too shabbey, huh?

Present mods:
HRC stage III turbo kit (12 psi street, 25 psi track) / HKS 2 1/2" cat back exhaust w/burnt cat / 16" wheels w/Yokohomo tires (215/40) / 420A engine w/ tooled crank, billet crower rods, and 8.5:1 JE pistons / Head ported and polished, 3 angled valve job
Power-stop brakes w/axis pads / Ebachi Pro lowering kit (1.8") / MSD DIS-2 ignition system w/turbo retard

Near Future:
Stand-alone fuel system / 550cc injectors, and fuel rail / TEC III fuel/ecu system / 17” Hart racing wheels / KYB AGX struts, w/ upgraded anti sway bars / Rear brake conversion (front to rear, Brembo in front)

Jay-
wakbrd99@aol.com

97' Eclipse RS (kinda)

Present mods:
HRC stage III turbo kit (12 psi street, 25 psi track) / HKS 2 1/2" cat back exhaust w/burnt cat / 16" wheels w/Yokohomo tires (215/40) / 420A engine w/ tool

soldier101May-04-02 02:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#1111, "RE: Top SPEED"
In response to Reply # 6

dddddaaaaaayyyyyyymmmmnnnnnnn

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

theallpowerfulmeMay-10-02 08:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#1112, "RE: Top SPEED"
In response to Reply # 7

I went till the speedo said 123 in 4th gear that was redline, i shifted into fifth and it kept pulling, but I ran up on traffic, saw a cop, braked, and got a ticket for 88 in a 70. I'm stock, what do you think it'll stop pulling at?

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

DownAzzDSMMay-17-02 08:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
346 posts,
#1113, "RE: Top SPEED"
In response to Reply # 8

Had mine to around 140 all motor, when I hit N20, look out, it pulls pretty hard. I just went to about 145 then let off cause I don't need to be arrested...

Steve
Black 97 GS
First time at track 16.231 @ 86.11 (Intake & Exhaust/ 17" rims)
Best time- 14.154 @ 101.22
W/O N2O- 15.916 @ 88.98

Magnacor

RemyMay-17-02 02:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#1114, "RE: Top SPEED"
In response to Reply # 9

i did 135 bone stock the second day after I got the car.

Auto Tranny- Full Blitz kit- Termanator wing w/led - 17'GTR Rims- M3 mirrors w/led- Custom 2.5" Exhaust- Aem CAI w/ bypass valve- G-3 Altezzas- Indiglo Gauges- Eibach sportline springs- Pacesetter Headers-
Kenwoood indash tv/dvd/dreamcast - JL Audio custom 12x3 12" sub- JL Audio 250/1 amp -MB Quart 5 1/4 fronts- Sony 6x9 backs

Remdawgz@aol.com

10 MB C300- Family Car
07 MB CLK350 - Daily Driver
03 Evo VIII GSR - 569hp Daily Driver
04 Evo VIII RS - Weekend Warrior (sold)
95 TSI AWD-500+hp- sold (huge mistake))
95 Eclipse (First NYC turbo'd 420a) sold
6 other dsms sold or parted out.

CornBread Racing
R.I.P Shane aka Cornbread.
Racing will never be the same with out you brother.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1104 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic