Go back to previous topic
Forum nameIntroductions
Topic subjectRE: Introducing my Project
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=92&topic_id=932&mesg_id=944
944, RE: Introducing my Project
Posted by fastmaxxcooper, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i left it at stock compression for two reasons.

gas mileage. i don't want to worry about going HIGH boost and having to support that fuel system. and low compression means i'll have to keep the boost higher.

reliability/emissions. i want everything to remain fairly stock but have all these piggy back systems available so when i do turn the boost up it'll be ice cold fuel air so it can handle it but on the other side when i go to emissions or when i'm using it as a daily driver it'll only be seeing like 4-5 psi or less, whatever the wastegate is set to stock and it will wear as a stock engine.

besides. if i went with forged internals, i might as well go with another evo 3 16g. then i might as well get more fuel/standalone to support that power. then clutch, diff, axles, ect ect... then it doesn't pass emissions. i gotta cap it somewhere.

also i'm using a fairly mild clutch. i wanted to keep it driveable. of course the poly engine mounts are gonna rattle my teeth out.

you get the point. i wanted a fast/reliable/reasonable car.

you will all think i'm prolly nuts but i'm keeping the auto ecu to keep the 6500 rev limiter.
I generated this page in 0.011552810668945 seconds, executing 6 queries.