Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectAnother ADFX update
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=68748
68748, Another ADFX update
Posted by Cereal5, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So friday has come... and gone, and still no downpipes.

They, along with everything else, has become a nightmare without our in-house welder. We're struggling to get them finished, using our outside contracters. Current ETA: first half of next week.

But I assure you, we are close, and will have them out ASAP. I just wanted to express my appreciation for those that have been patient with us. For those few of you that have stayed with you, you will NOT be disappointed, and will be remembered if you choose to do business with ADFX again.

Any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us (I'm there between 2 and 7 because of school)

-Mike
68750, RE: Another ADFX update
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Cereal5
So friday has come... and gone, and still no downpipes. They, along with everything else, has become a nightmare without our in-house welder. We're struggling to get them finished, using our outside contracters. Current ETA: first half of next week. But I assure you, we are close, and will have them out ASAP. I just wanted to express my appreciation for those that have been patient with us. For those few of you that have stayed with you, you will NOT be disappointed, and will be remembered if you choose to do business with ADFX again. Any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us (I'm there between 2 and 7 because of school) -Mike

well that fuggin sucks for those of you who bought one. i always seem to find myself checking tracking numbers 10x a day, and every time i see the ups or fedex guy, i get ancy. I've had enough stuff sent to my house for my car, that the UPS dude will see my car at other people's houses and drop shit off. once i got my muffler at Yourinmymirror95GS's house ;)
68753, RE: Another ADFX update
Posted by 41eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, I finally got my refund, so I am happy. I was going through and deleting my old e-mails and I found this one. LOL, look at the date.

We are finishing these as we speak, I will get you updated
tommorrow.

Thanks

Lateef

PS.. Sorry to be brief just really busy today.

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:49:32 -0600 "neil wischer"
<firestarter41x@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Just wanted to get an update on the dp status. thanks

68756, RE: Another ADFX update
Posted by extreme97nt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Do you think they will hook us up with a discount being we had to wait alot longer than initally stated??

best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph(no traction)
fastest 2GNT with a hitch! until proven wrong...
68838, RE: Another ADFX update
Posted by GhEttOrAiD, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yyea

i just called, had to update my CC number...

was told that you're shooting for the end of this week... :mad:

and that you'd JUST gotten the prototype...

however last thursday i was told that you had two already done and would have the rest done by friday (and ship friday) or monday at the latest...

this is really starting to annoy me, my downpipe is cracked and leaking horribly!!!!
68862, RE: Another ADFX update
This is the B.S. that I was talking about in the other thread that I started a while back about ADFX. I understand problems come up, but that is no excuse to lie. When I get the run around like this from a business, I cancel the transaction(which took over 2 weeks to get a refund) and run in the other direction. I will not patronize shops like this, which really sucks because we all know how hard it is to get a DP for our turboed 420A's, and this one lokked pretty damn nice.
68864, RE: Another ADFX update
Posted by mike_d, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Don't say I didnt warn you.
68880, RE: Another ADFX update
yeah, I would just say fuck it/fuck them, but I REALLY need this pipe, and I don't trust the muffler shops around here to just bend one up...
68908, RE: Another ADFX update
Posted by brynden29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How did you go about getting your deposit back?
68912, RE: Another ADFX update
How did you go about getting your deposit back?

Brynden

I e-mailed them and told them I wanted it back.
69085, RE: Another ADFX update
Posted by mkerley, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Anyone heard anything lately? Cereal?

Originally posted by 41eclipse
How did you go about getting your deposit back? Brynden I e-mailed them and told them I wanted it back.

69105, RE: Another ADFX update
im at work and have nothing to do

ill call in a minute
69160, RE: Another ADFX update
Posted by parsley321, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Did you ever get ahold of them GhEttOrAiD ??
69166, RE: Another ADFX update
Originally posted by parsley321
Did you ever get ahold of them GhEttOrAiD ??

Yeah I did... I was told that they probably will not ship today.

What I don't understand is that theyre always "busy," putting me on hold telling me to call back in a minute but... then why arent they busy making these downpipes? Get us whiny assholes off their backs!!!
69402, RE: Another ADFX update
<edit>
69462, RE: Another ADFX update
Does anyone have adfx's number it has been so long I lost it.

69469, RE: Another ADFX update
Originally posted by extreme97nt
Does anyone have adfx's number it has been so long I lost it. best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph(no traction) fastest 2GNT with a hitch! until proven wrong...

815 770 0400

not answering right now... cereal told me to call!
69473, RE: Another ADFX update
I got that number cannot be completed as dialed

69478, RE: Another ADFX update
I got that number cannot be completed as dialed best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph(no traction) fastest 2GNT with a hitch! until proven wrong...

... are you dialing 1 first??? :thumbsup

On another note... I think its over. Guy answered, said hed call me back in 5 minutes... its been like half an hour
69492, RE: Another ADFX update
yeah I dialed one first but ohh well keep us up dated.

69501, RE: Another ADFX update
yeah I dialed one first but ohh well keep us up dated. best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph(no traction) fastest 2GNT with a hitch! until proven wrong...

last update (last because I'm not calling any more) = Mike/Cereal5 said he would call me back, and didn't. I have more information, but I'll leave it to them to release it as they see fit.

I'm going to my shop in south SF to see if they (well.. he) can just make one for me... I really need a replacement!!
69515, RE: Another ADFX update
Tell us the info that you have.

Oh, and I have asked for my deposit back, I found a guy locally that is going to make me an exhaust mani, DP, and new IC pipes. I hope this all works out for you guys.
69531, RE: Another ADFX update
damn this is some bullshit

shop/friend says that hes doing TOO MUCH business and has to relocate... I dont even know of any other shops that could do this work.. lol

unless I trust it to the random gay muffler shop I go to... (which I absolutely do not)
69532, RE: Another ADFX update
omg my old shop Bayside Transmissions was like "Unfortunatelyyyyyyyyy our welder is broken" :lol
69561, RE: Another ADFX update
Can someone else plz call? I'm tired of bugging them.

69597, RE: Another ADFX update
I called. Update: talked to Mike. no update. Needed to talk to lateef. supposed to call me back in 15.
69598, RE: Another ADFX update
Originally posted by mkerley
I called. Update: talked to Mike. no update. Needed to talk to lateef. supposed to call me back in 15.

nice
69601, RE: Another ADFX update

did you get a call back?
69604, RE: Another ADFX update
Originally posted by GhEttOrAiD
Originally posted by mkerley I called. Update: talked to Mike. no update. Needed to talk to lateef. supposed to call me back in 15.
did you get a call back?

Well, here's the big update....NOthing. 3 hours later. No call. I emailed as well. I told him that all I'm looking for is a straight answer. I'm willing to wait for a good custom product if they'll just tell us truthfully what the deal is.
69607, RE: Another ADFX update
Originally posted by mkerley I called. Update: talked to Mike. no update. Needed to talk to lateef. supposed to call me back in 15.
did you get a call back?
Well, here's the big update....NOthing. 3 hours later. No call. I emailed as well. I told him that all I'm looking for is a straight answer. I'm willing to wait for a good custom product if they'll just tell us truthfully what the deal is.

I really think its over... What I'd like to do now is track down someone in southern california with a Star kit... I know a guy who is making a bunch of dp's for Volvo's he said he'd do the same for me... But I really dont want to drive down there!!! (500miles+DSM=I'll be calling AAA) Not to mention I'd have to eat greasy fast food in my car which is against my rules... lol
69608, RE: Another ADFX update
priestmike: yea i can do that
GrnVolvoPimp: cool
priestmike: or even a stock DP
priestmike: might heelp
priestmike: we just make it 3"
priestmike: or hell
priestmike: 4"
priestmike: i have a volvo friend
priestmike: w/ a 4" DP on his 15g
priestmike: he says it spools stuipd fast
priestmike: like 17psi by 2100 rpm
priestmike signed off at 1:23:57 PM.

yep we've definitely got someone to make them

ill make a thread
69609, RE: Another ADFX update
This may be ahead of the game, but ensure you can get a flex section and more oil pan clearance. If the ADFX falls through, I'd like it to have a similar connection to the wastegate like ADFX's too.
69611, RE: Another ADFX update
This may be ahead of the game, but ensure you can get a flex section and more oil pan clearance. If the ADFX falls through, I'd like it to have a similar connection to the wastegate like ADFX's too.

Well, I just need to get something going. My pipe isn't long for this earth.

69612, RE: Another ADFX update
Well I dont know how truthful this is but I received this email from Lateef. I figured I would let you guys that are still waiting know.

"Yes it is finally going thru, we got Mike's car here and
we are starting to fixture it today, I will get you all
posted tommorrow evening as to status.

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks

Lateef"
69613, RE: Another ADFX update
does anyone have the pictures of these pipes that someone posted a while ago?
69656, RE: Another ADFX update
That's nice and all, but how many times have we already heard that? Supposedly Mike's car was there 2 weeks ago and it was only going to take 2 days to make them.

I don't care how long it takes (reasonably), but this lying is getting rediculous. All I want to know is truthfully when to expect it, whether it be tomorrow or June. And, then if it's not delivered, I ask why. I think he'd save himself a lot of headache if he'd break off and be honest.

my $.02

Well I dont know how truthful this is but I received this email from Lateef. I figured I would let you guys that are still waiting know. "Yes it is finally going thru, we got Mike's car here and we are starting to fixture it today, I will get you all posted tommorrow evening as to status. Sorry for the delay. Thanks Lateef"

69951, RE: Another ADFX update
So... any news?

69964, RE: Another ADFX update
I got this email back from them the other day. I called and so far no answer.

-----------------------------------------------------

Matt,

Mike has given us his car, and we are looking to tear it
down this week so we can build a jig fixture for these
kits, and than we can build them, we have all supplies,
and all tubing, only they need be constructed. If all goes
well by Wed. I will have the JIG, from then it will be a
matter of a day to put them together, but this all means
that the jig must happen first, and we do have a loaded
week, but it looks promising, all I can say honestly is
touch base with us this wed, and I may have good news.

Thanks

Lateef

69968, RE: Another ADFX update
I got this email back from them the other day. I called and so far no answer. ----------------------------------------------------- Matt, Mike has given us his car, and we are looking to tear it down this week so we can build a jig fixture for these kits, and than we can build them, we have all supplies, and all tubing, only they need be constructed. If all goes well by Wed. I will have the JIG, from then it will be a matter of a day to put them together, but this all means that the jig must happen first, and we do have a loaded week, but it looks promising, all I can say honestly is touch base with us this wed, and I may have good news. Thanks Lateef

bleh
69976, RE: Another ADFX update
Well, got through but Lateef isn't there. He's supposed to call me back in 15... hmm.

Originally posted by mkerley I got this email back from them the other day. I called and so far no answer. ----------------------------------------------------- Matt, Mike has given us his car, and we are looking to tear it down this week so we can build a jig fixture for these kits, and than we can build them, we have all supplies, and all tubing, only they need be constructed. If all goes well by Wed. I will have the JIG, from then it will be a matter of a day to put them together, but this all means that the jig must happen first, and we do have a loaded week, but it looks promising, all I can say honestly is touch base with us this wed, and I may have good news. Thanks Lateef
bleh

69992, RE: Another ADFX update
Well, got through but Lateef isn't there. He's supposed to call me back in 15... hmm.
Originally posted by mkerley I got this email back from them the other day. I called and so far no answer. ----------------------------------------------------- Matt, Mike has given us his car, and we are looking to tear it down this week so we can build a jig fixture for these kits, and than we can build them, we have all supplies, and all tubing, only they need be constructed. If all goes well by Wed. I will have the JIG, from then it will be a matter of a day to put them together, but this all means that the jig must happen first, and we do have a loaded week, but it looks promising, all I can say honestly is touch base with us this wed, and I may have good news. Thanks Lateef
bleh

did he call back?
70002, RE: Another ADFX update
I would be willing to say NO. Man the is the only thing holding me up from putting my kit on. I think this was a huge mistake going with these guys. It saeens like on lie after another. Seems hard to run a business like that imo. blehh, anyways guys ill post if I here anything, you please do the same.

Thanks
70009, RE: Another ADFX update
I would be willing to say NO. Man the is the only thing holding me up from putting my kit on. I think this was a huge mistake going with these guys. It saeens like on lie after another. Seems hard to run a business like that imo. blehh, anyways guys ill post if I here anything, you please do the same. Thanks

Exactly. Nothing. I even called again and got no answer. This is frustrating to say the least. Is it just us 3 still in the buy? Anyone else still in?

That may be the problem...
70013, RE: Another ADFX update
Originally posted by parsley321 I would be willing to say NO. Man the is the only thing holding me up from putting my kit on. I think this was a huge mistake going with these guys. It saeens like on lie after another. Seems hard to run a business like that imo. blehh, anyways guys ill post if I here anything, you please do the same. Thanks
Exactly. Nothing. I even called again and got no answer. This is frustrating to say the least. Is it just us 3 still in the buy? Anyone else still in? That may be the problem...

There are (were) only three people in the group buy, I'm not one of the gb'ers
70039, RE: Another ADFX update
Posted by cseithel, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am still in, but i don't know for how much fucking longer. This is getting out of hand...i want some of the price knocked down or something, i looked at my bank account and they took the money for the $100 deposit on Feb 25! That was so fucking long ago. In the time it took me to order/get this downpipe, i have blown up my motor, waited to save money for the rebuild, ordered the kit from howell, waited for the kit from howell, ripped out my engine and tore it apart, put it back in, and got it running/tuned. How FUCKED UP is that?!
70047, RE: Another ADFX update
Posted by Eclipse2NR, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You know how long it took my Gottude (motofool) turbo kit to get here? I ordered in March or April of last year, and it got here in September. Not saying thats ok, just that it's happened before...

1996 Eclipse RS / 5-Speed / Aerogear Body / Coated in Magnetic Red Metallic rev.2 / T3 Turbo Intercooled @ 8 psi / More at http://home.insightbb.com/~mgalyan/
Mark Galyan - Indianapolis, Indiana

70113, RE: Another ADFX update
I have not gotten my deposit back so I guess I am still in. But I do want out. Guess I will try to email them again.
70158, RE: Another ADFX update
I'm officially out. My downpipe cracked for the fifth time today during a hard mountain run... also tripped O2 CEL again... I just ordered the bends, www.exhaustdepot.net-(2x90*, 1x 40*, 1x8" flex section) the flanges www.atpturbo.com (1xATP-FLS-017, 1xATP-FLS-003, 1xATP-FLS-022) parts cost = $163 not including straight 3" piping.

Muffler shop I've used many times says it'll take them an hour, so $100. I'm expecting it'll take them a little longer, its not an easy job. but the total will still be around 300 if I factor in some extra time for them to f*** with it... Not bothering with wastegate integration

I just can't wait for ADFX any more, the car isn't driveable without a flex section'ed downpipe!!
70402, RE: Another ADFX update
got it all put together+on the car... Shop was working on it for like four hours, only charged me for two.. :eek

but its SUBSTANTIALLY better, spools at ~3000-3200 instead of 4000-4200

do whatever you can to upgrade to 3".. heh
70407, RE: Another ADFX update
sweet! I'm still waiting on word from ADFX. I'm kinda wondering what's going on. No answer on their phone for the last 3 days and no return emails. I'm in no rush, but man these people are slow and refuse to let us know what's going on...
70412, RE: Another ADFX update
sweet! I'm still waiting on word from ADFX. I'm kinda wondering what's going on. No answer on their phone for the last 3 days and no return emails. I'm in no rush, but man these people are slow and refuse to let us know what's going on...

ygem
I generated this page in 0.015555143356323 seconds, executing 7 queries.