Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectmore air flow=richer a/f ratio??
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=66797&mesg_id=66797
66797, more air flow=richer a/f ratio??
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok...here's the deal. I'm running 310cc/m injectors, the 2nd biggest sfmu disk and about 7psi of boost. Before, at static pressure in open loop I would run rich...like .96X V at the front O2 sensor....but at full boost it would lean out to about .90X. But I left it this way because it would only cause a CEL for being to rich at static some times and at full boost I didn't get any knock and my EGT's would only climb to 1550 on really long highway pulls. But today I finally decided to tune the car right and rig up a bleed valve set up, and switch to the biggest SFMU disk. And I also picked up a new "better" air filter. My old one came with a CAI I bought on ebay (I know :wallbash ) Anyway the new one is like twice the size of my old one. It's a S&B :shrug but I got it at a performance shop and the dude that sold it to me said it's the one he runs on his 1G AWD plus it was like 10 bucks cheaper then the APC and Ractive :rolleyes filters they had. So I buy the thing right and throw it on out in the parking lot, all the time I'm think I'm really gonna have to watch my gauges when I get on it, because I probably get more air flow and lean out even more under boost. But just the opposite happened...at full boost my O2 voltage reading was .94X So what gives? I couldn't get an EGT reading because I couldn't get a long enough pull. I also wanted to get some fuel trim readings but I couldn't get my pocket logger to connect for some stupid reason. SO more research is necessary...but could anyone enlighten me as to why I got the results I did? And as it stands now I can lower my static fuel pressure a bit and get more out of my car with out switching my fuel system around.

TIA!
I generated this page in 0.0093960762023926 seconds, executing 6 queries.