Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: SR-T 4 engine in a 2GNT?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=61727&mesg_id=61794
61794, RE: SR-T 4 engine in a 2GNT?
Posted by MuRiX, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Did you just completely miss the part where I mentioned our crank signal is different or do you just have no clue what I am saying? As it sits, our stock ecu can not cope with the crank signal received from the A853, which means it is not just a drop in affair. Some custom work will need to be done, and this defeats making it easy. Possible, but extra work required including some custom fabbed parts, which has been done before so nothing new there, as long as you know what you are doing.

You will not fit the stock SRT-4 turbo/manifold combo and I would not bother even if you could. Does not make enough power to justify the swap.

You will need a full custom turbo setup, which is no big deal.

Realistically, the only thing you would gain from the SRT-4 block over the standard Stratus 2.4l block is some extra cooling. Using the A853 (SRT-4 engine code if you do not know - it is not a 420A) internals in the 2.4l 420A stratus block is sufficent and a lot easier unless you plan on going standalone at which point none of this matters and you can do what you want, but going standalone defeats the requirement of simplicity.

I thinking fitting the A853 is a great idea, just be sure you are aware what you are up against.
I generated this page in 0.010930061340332 seconds, executing 6 queries.