Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: SR-T 4 engine in a 2GNT?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=61727&mesg_id=61734
61734, RE: SR-T 4 engine in a 2GNT?
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipse_99rs
/\ the valve cover would need to be switched around. its a lot of moolahhhh to do that swap.

It's not the valve cover sir. It's the entire head. Timing is still done from the same side as us but as with all neons, the head is transversed compared to the standard we are used to thinking of. More then likely you will not be able to get around this. Find a way to run the stuff that comes from the head (turbo piping to intake, IC, exhuasst, intake mani...)

motor mounts are different...mostly the passenger side. there are 2 on the passanger side of the motor...upper and lower...2gnt's only have the one, the rest are on the tranny.

wiring. although you are looking at diamlerchrysler as a whole Id imagine you'd be wiring the entire car from scratch.

It seems to me that the A853 is a MUCH taller (just bigger in general for obvious reasons) motor. IF you could get the motor to fit as well as mounted...what about accessories? It's a damn snug fit in the SRT as a it is. I would have to take a look at the shop manual for both cars and take engine dimensions into account but like with any serious swap...I'm sure there is a way around it.

Front suspension will more then likely have to be redone. Front crossmember? I dont think it will fit. Even the more 'popular' 2.4 swap will have to have a custom oil pan made. Dont think you can do that with the srt...I'll have to take a pic of the stock oil pan...It is very heavy duty.
I generated this page in 0.0099608898162842 seconds, executing 6 queries.