Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subject4G63 engine swap vs. Direct Bolt on turbo
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=54222&mesg_id=54222
54222, 4G63 engine swap vs. Direct Bolt on turbo
Posted by CrazyEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Here's the sit:
I have a 1998 Eclipse with almost 95,000 miles on it. Bought it 2 years ago with 80,000. This year has been the year of mods, mainly stereo and little things here and there exterior wise. Performance is a big abyss to me. I have not a clue about any of it. This winter I wanted to re-design the interior, put the body kit on it, ect... but there is that whole engine thing... I had it detailed once, looked mint, 2 weeks later, ugly ass as before.

I've gotten many people's opinions and such about dropping this engine out and swapping it for a 4g63 with a bigger turbo, BOV, intercooler, ect... or just buying the bolt on turbo. Doing the engine swap is what I'm leaning towards doing because putting a turbo on an engine with 95,000 miles raises an eyebrow. I dont know how well the engine will do, since I dont know who owned it before me or what they did to it. I know its a whole lot of work to so the engine swap, but it might be the better of the 2.

If anyone has some input on this, that would be great. :thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.0079350471496582 seconds, executing 6 queries.