Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: I made a new downpipe for my hrc kit OMG does it make a difference!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=51726&mesg_id=52075
52075, RE: I made a new downpipe for my hrc kit OMG does it make a difference!
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Here is what i did today. Used 2 90 degree 2.5" mandrel bends from JC whitney, and got a 2.5" flex section, and 3 flanges, and o2 sensor weld on bung. I cut and tack welded all the pieces and flanges, and will get sent to a welding shop for a professional weld job. Not too bad i must say :) I tried to copy the stock piping shape also, its an exact fit/shape to it. I made it a 2 piece DP too, for easier install. I tried to make the turbo outlet J pipe, but the 180 bend i got was just too large of radius to fit right. It would have worked fine if the A/C pump wasnt there..Oh well, this will be just fine. I got the hookup for the flex section, o2 bung, and flanges for 20 bucks! Total cost on parts, without welding, is around 45-50 bucks. Welding should cost no more than 50 bucks. So for 100 bucks, i got me a mandrel bent 2.5" HRC pipe back DP

I generated this page in 0.007274866104126 seconds, executing 6 queries.