Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectNeed help with the HRC fuel system. I am OBD1 but the kit is for late model.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=379
379, Need help with the HRC fuel system. I am OBD1 but the kit is for late model.
Posted by MWC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What is the differance in the fuel system that Hahn talks about between the Early and late model Eclipse's?. Can I still use the fuel preasure regulator?. And what is that small little black box for?
They are to start on the install in the morning and this info would be of great help.
Thanks, SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!MWC
380, RE: Need help with the HRC fuel system. I am OBD1 but the kit is for late model.
Posted by Jason 95 GS Turbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
With the 95 OBD I cars, you should not need that Black box that the hahn kit comes with. Assuming that it is the fuel cut defencer you are talking about, that is for the OBDII cars, because when their ECU sees a voltage above 4.7 volts coming from the map sensor, it cuts fuel which can be bad for our cars...and it will run like ass...

but you are in luck. you got a 95..just like me. You shouldn't need any kind of fuel cut defence. I still have my check valves in mine, because the kit i got had the map sensor already put together with them I am gonna try taking them out real soon, but others have done it fine without any kind of defense on the 95. Our ECU doesn't freak out under boost.

As for hooking up your regulator, just disconnect your fuel return line where it comes off the fuel rail, connect one side of the regulator to the fuel rail, and the other side to the return line running back to the tank. Then just connect that vacuum line to a good source.

Hopefully, i cleared a couple of things up for ya...

jason
95 GS turbo

381, RE: Need help with the HRC fuel system. I am OBD1 but the kit is for late model.
Posted by Wyatt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nope, no need for the "BLACK BOX" obdI guys out there.
I can verify the 4.7v fuel cut :) I've hit it plenty of times.
without my VC1, I hti 4.9 @ just over 1psi of boost. It really sucks.
With the VC1 installed, I hit about 4.67v
All through the in-1 reading on my S-AFC, man I love that thing :)
Can't wait to get my Datalogger.
Hey Jason ESI-T, did you get your yet?
Wyatt
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

382, Yeah Wyatt...
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got mine bro...it's really nice.(about 2 weeks ago) I have yet to experiment with the graphing and so forth, but I do know how to check codes now and that is a HUGE blessing.

I think I noted on the board b4 how I had a dumbass CE light because of an EVAp sensor leak. Probably from not closing my gas cap all the way. But anyways, it is so nice to actually be able to communicate with my baby.

Hey, if you start messing around with some of the other topions like graphing and O2 sensor monitoring, give me a holler! Hell, I may give you a call. Lastly, were you able to find out what your map sensor voltage was by using your datalogger??? If you did, I wanna do that too!!!!! :-)

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

383, OBD1 data logging
Posted by 95ESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How do I datalog with an obd1? My friend has a OBD2 data logger wire+software...would that work?

l e o n

384, RE: Need help with the HRC fuel system. I am OBD1 but the kit is for late model.
Posted by MWC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks Jason and Wyatt, Tis is why I look at you guy's as the "gods" of the 2GNT-T. :)
Jason, what would be a "good" vacum source you refered to?
And do you have a Maual for the 95 eclipse to help locate the Tach wire for me? It is the only wire I can not find to finish the install of my S-AFC?
SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!MWC
385, A good vacuum source...
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just look at the backside of your intake plenum. (The silver thing behind your valve cover and in front of your firewall) Anyhow, if you look in that backside, you will find about three plugs going into your intake plenum from left to right while STANDING IN FRONT OF YOUR CAR. If you look at the plug, or barb, on the far LEFT side or passenger side of the car, you'll take notice of a 3 pronged barb.

Looks something like this:

\|/

I tapped into both the left and right plug-ins for the hoses for my vacuum sources making sure that my boost guage and regulator were using the same vacuum hose. That way, I know how much vacuum my regulator is reading.

Just get some of those tees that tap into the vacuum hoses and you'll be good to go!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

I generated this page in 0.01079797744751 seconds, executing 7 queries.