Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectintercooler and piping?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=109655
109655, intercooler and piping?
Posted by BlueHaze420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So I finally got a turbo for my car but i dont know what intercooler piping to use. i think im going to get a mishumoto m-line intercooler but can i get ebay piping? what is the best in size? 2in 2.5in or 3in? or is there an actual good kit out there? i couldnt find much besides cheap ebay kits.
109658, RE: intercooler and piping?
Posted by Gruff511, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Whats your power goal and psi your running? it would be ideal to size the intercooler to your power output. But to answer your question the ebay full piping kit is good for fabbing up your own route of piping but would be best if you also got the intercooler piping welded together;to limit possibilities of leaking through coupler. And most people go with 2.5" piping but if your on low boost with smaller sized turbo go with 2"
109660, RE: intercooler and piping?
Posted by BlueHaze420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Gruff511
Whats your power goal and psi your running? it would be ideal to size the intercooler to your power output. But to answer your question the ebay full piping kit is good for fabbing up your own route of piping but would be best if you also got the intercooler piping welded together;to limit possibilities of leaking through coupler. And most people go with 2.5" piping but if your on low boost with smaller sized turbo go with 2"

its a hahn 20g ill be running 12-18psi, currently 2.5in exhaust with no cat 2.5in cold air intake pipe. i probably will run e85 and shoot for 300-400hp. i have a 10.5 comp fully built motor. im up in the air about going 3in exhaust or not. im building around the 20g so i know i want a really good intercooler and a piping kit. weld the piping? what if you have to take it off? dont most people use t-clamps?
109664, RE: intercooler and piping?
Posted by Gruff511, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well then you should def. go with a 3" turbo-back and 2.5" intercooler piping. And id go with a 3"depth FMIC and what i mean is weld a majority of the intercooler piping, of course you will still be using couplers at various locations like at the throttle body and turbo compressor outlet.

I generated this page in 0.0085470676422119 seconds, executing 7 queries.