Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectMy water/methanol setup
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=109238
109238, My water/methanol setup
Posted by Red90Sev, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So I'm still in the process of installing everything, but I'm almost there. I bought a Coolingmist Universal CMGS autolearn off of a guy for extremely cheap, otherwise I don't think I would have been able to afford one lol. Here's the link to it
http://www.coolingmist.com/pagedisplay.aspx?pid=CMGSSystemx&feature_key=controllerkits,
I put the reservoir behind the panel in the hatch and made a cap that connected to the stock rear reservoir fill cap. I put the pump behind the panel on the other side, so everything is out of sight. I still need to organize the wiring and secure everything, but here's some pics of what I have so far for those who are interested. This is a pretty cool setup I must say. Displays boost, shows when fluid is low, and learns the parameters that I set so if it ever does something different, it lets me know that there's a problem. Lot's of fail safe indication. It is progressive kit too. Just turn the first knob to set when what boost it actuates, and the second knob is for max boost. If you can find one used, it's well worth it's cooling and octane increase. I'll post more pics as I continue. I am hoping to have my car running withing the next few days, so I'll show where I mounted the injector, solenoid, and how I plumbed the line.

109239, RE: My water/methanol setup
Posted by SilvrEclips, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks good, nice setup you have there. One thing I would be careful for, The fill for the rear washer reservoir leaks water into the tank when it rains. Might want to verify that you are not getting any water leaking in there.
109240, RE: My water/methanol setup
Posted by Red90Sev, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes, I noticed that when I was putting it together. I'm going to figure something out to make sure it's 100% sealed. Dirt in the system would be a very bad thing lol. Also, looks like I'm going to have to move the pump to the spare tire well. I didn't realize the panel went back so far... No room for the pump back there. Oh well.
109341, RE: My water/methanol setup
Posted by eclipse420ags, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks good keep us posted on horsepower increase spool etc.
109342, RE: My water/methanol setup
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thats a nice system, if and when I go with meth injection it will probably be a cooling mist brand.
I generated this page in 0.009533166885376 seconds, executing 7 queries.