Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subject15psi to 5psi? Wont go over! Hmm
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=109089
109089, 15psi to 5psi? Wont go over! Hmm
Posted by ryan95eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Let my girlfriend use the car for work.. Took made sure everything was good to go, car hit at 15psi spiked at 16psi in higher gears... occasional backfire every other rip. Get the car back and now it wont boost over 5psi. heard a evo with the boost leak had the same problem. Made a tester and found a massive leak at 15psi on the bottom of my TurboXS RFL BOV. added some washers, and rtv sealant around the o-ring. Still wont go over 5. Gonna do another boost leak tester tomorrow.. possible problems? Just stopped boosted.

Recirculated leaky dump off (wgt)
Emusa 38mm external wg. 7/8psi spring.
Turbonetics t3/t4 50 trim
TurboXS RFL BOV
TurboXS High Performance MBC
Vortech FMU
AEM F/IC
NGK plugs gapped .28
No smoke, no burning oil

Can someone please help me on this site? No ones ever on chat and the search module lists outdated unanswered threads = not helpful.

109090, RE: 15psi to 5psi? Wont go over! Hmm
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There are peiple in chat every day, just not at the hours you happen to show up.

Sounds like a boost leak to me. Check all your couplers, check for exhaust leaks too.
109091, RE: 15psi to 5psi? Wont go over! Hmm
I been on multiple times for questions instead of flooding out the forums with questions. the only boost leak i had was the BOV which i might have fixed ill know forsure tomorrow.

Besides that i have an exhaust leak after the wastegate and havent had problems hitting 15psi until randomly the other day.
109092, RE: 15psi to 5psi? Wont go over! Hmm
Post-turbo exhaust leaks won't affect spool and overall boost much if at all, but pre-turbo exhaust leaks make a huge difference. If you're using an MBC, you might want to check that the set screw hasn't fallen out.
109093, RE: 15psi to 5psi? Wont go over! Hmm
Set screw is still in.. the first thing i checked was the mbc. im leaning towards the bov still leaking somehow.. im getting pretty pissed. just checked the wg and the diaphram is spotless and added a second spring in the wg to see if it would give a raise. no difference at all. I can tell something is wrong by the sound of the spool isnt a whistle anymore. and now since i filled the tank i heard the wally255 sound like it was priming while it was running... ???
109094, RE: 15psi to 5psi? Wont go over! Hmm
Could be. If the BOV has stuck open or otherwise failed, that'd sure cause it.

Is the car running correctly otherwise? No misfires, not stumbling at idle, no black smoke?
109095, RE: 15psi to 5psi? Wont go over! Hmm
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've also seen a bad turbo do similar, but sounds like a boost leak.
109096, RE: 15psi to 5psi? Wont go over! Hmm
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Boost leak/bad turbo. Seeing any smoke? (Yeah, I'm late to the dance)
109097, RE: 15psi to 5psi? Wont go over! Hmm
Well did some testing today.. the huge leak by the bov happened to be a vac line that i capped off had blown apart somehow. replaced it. adjusted the leaky coupler by the tb to ic pipe. problem fixed. also put a little rtv on the BOV o-ring. fixed it and forgot i cranked the mbc up with two spring in the wg. hit 18psi and blew a leak. lol :( gonna go buy a new coupler for the tb/ic pipe and see if that helps. man i got a tease of higher boost and i had the biggest grin.

im leaning towards a nasty coupler leak

other problems with car.

exhaust leak at the wg dump(recirculated dump)
smokes since its colder in northeast ohio.
and the idle has been sticking around 2k and jumping a lot lately since the higher boost...
I generated this page in 0.0086328983306885 seconds, executing 7 queries.