Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Symtech race manifold
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=106980&mesg_id=107101
107101, RE: Symtech race manifold
Posted by Warmage12, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Might wanna try it with the compressor on the opposite side. I know everyone likes to run it with the compressor on that side but it looks like they might have engineered its design based on the evo and 4g63 manifolds in its layout. This would put your oil return feed closer to the tap on the oil pan. The only issue i'd see is with the wastegate. The downpipe would still line up fairly even with the exhaust tunnel. You think you could snap a picture of the turbo flipped around for argument sake? :shrug

I have a feeling that if you use this manifold you might have to rethink your oil dump, because with the position its in now it might get melted by the down pipe, even if you strech it to reach the turbo. Thats my biggest reason to ask you to flip the turbo around. Just to see...:thumbsup

might wanna send symtech some feed back on that...

One thing that could be done, hypothetically, you could use a block off plate on the external port and you run an internally wastegated turbo. Then turbo position would be alot easier to play with. IMO

I like it but i think we got some work to do...
I generated this page in 0.00872802734375 seconds, executing 6 queries.