Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Detonation..Lets make this a good topic to discuss, as its a very important one
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=105245&mesg_id=105265
105265, RE: Detonation..Lets make this a good topic to discuss, as its a very important one
Posted by fly1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think you guys have come up with some pretty good ideas, and I believe the only way we can achieve timing/boost/knock issue is to somehow modify the ecu, just like Boosted GS mentioned. This type of "total" control can (probably) only be achievable with an electronic processor, such as a reprogrammed ignition/fuel map.

Since, Howell Automotive has figured out how to reprogram our ecu, it will be just awesome if they can "imitate" the 4G63's ecu to the 420A ecu; or, if someone could figure out how to modify the turbo ecu to fit our cars--without not having to replace the harness, etc, that will be the best option. Any thoughts on this?

I think it will be difficult to try to imitate the turbo ecu with other add-ons, such as the J&S, aftermarket ignitions, Accel DFI, etc, unless J&S will research that for us. I'm sure it will be possible, but there're just too many parts to worry about (in terms of diagnosing problems, etc). The Accel DFI is prety versatile, but no one has been able to configure it to control timing, in addition to the fuel maps (for the 420A).
I generated this page in 0.0070548057556152 seconds, executing 6 queries.