Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectOil feed help. dsm t25 again......
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=103985
103985, Oil feed help. dsm t25 again......
Posted by 2GeclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Got my oil feed line. I went ebay. Can't beat $25. All was in good order.

Heres the deal. I have a 1/8" male npt fitting on the block side and a 4an female on the turbo side.

I'm running a t25 garrett dsm jawn.

The restrictor and plate is useless since my line screws directly into the turbo w/o a flange.

I have a t that fits the oil pressure sending unit (it is on the green plug, right?) 3/8" npt? All female with a male fitting to go into the block. WHat adapters will i need to get this setup to work?

3/8" male to 1/8" female npt for the t and 4an male to 7/16" male correct?

The only thing i'm not sure of is what pitch to get for the turbo side. Some of you have built t25 setups so if you can help, i'd s your d.

Save me a headache at the hardware store. Flame, whatever. Just want to make sure i have my shit straight before i waste gas.

Thanks.
103986, RE: Oil feed help. dsm t25 again......
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
for the T that goes on the back of the block you will need a 3/8 to 1/8npt bushing so you can thread the an adapter into the T.

As for the turbo.....no idea what you have when you say 4an female adapter. The female end would be the braided linethat threads onto the 4an male adapter.

I thought the t25 used a banjo fitting when installed on a stock turbo car.
103987, RE: Oil feed help. dsm t25 again......
I have banjo fittings for my water lines but i didn't get one with this turbo. Every one i've seen had something threaded into it.

7/16" female hole on the turbo.

4an female fitting on my line (like you said).

I need an adapter to connect the two.

That's what i'm trying to say.

Thanks for letting me know it's called a bushing. I have a few laying around. They either fit one or the other or are too big/too small for both. All these damn fittings and none of them fit. (possible f/s op?)

Hope this clears things up. If not, i dont know where else to seek help. HMT didn't help and function 7 said i can ship it back to them for a replacement but i'd rather not wait. My downpipe is getting welded next week and i just want to be done with boosting the car. I've been gathering parts since Jan and have everything practically.
103988, RE: Oil feed help. dsm t25 again......
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&viewitem=&item=160260280222&_trksid=p3907.m29

That's what i bought.

Maybe it's 3/8" or 3/16". I'm not really sure. I contacted the seller for more info but i really dont know what size that bastard is. I'm diggin into my box of import nuts and bolts to see if i can figure out what will fit.

I found a banjo bolt that i thought would fit but no dice. To big. I think that was for a gt series i had laying around.
103991, RE: Oil feed help. dsm t25 again......
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The thread on the T is 3/8 NPT.

I dont know what size you need for the turbo. I know you can get the right adapter, i just have never had a t25. See if you can find someone local. I might be able to help if you get a detailed picture.

Terry
103996, RE: Oil feed help. dsm t25 again......
The only thing i can think of is to talk to this guy who wrecked his gst way back when. He's unreliable. My GF's friend works for conbraco and they do ball valves, pipe fittings, etc but she recently had a death in the family so i dont think that's appropriate. I'll try to post this on dsm tuners and my local site 'carolina dsm'. At the very least, i should be able to get hooked up with the stock line or banjo bolt.....

Thanks for the help.

Still, if anyone else has anything to add, please do.
104002, RE: Oil feed help. dsm t25 again......
Got it. I used a flare fitting, a 1/4" single flaired brake line bent to 100* to clear my hood and a compression fitting for my turbo. Cost a total of $5. Went to 3 different stores until i got what i needed. First store gave me copper tube and i f-ed it up bending it. Got some brake line and it works a treat.
I generated this page in 0.0081291198730469 seconds, executing 7 queries.