Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectPulstar pulse plugs and treadstone turbo manifold......
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=102864
102864, Pulstar pulse plugs and treadstone turbo manifold......
Posted by 2GeclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My boost solutions come and go. I'm trying really hard to decide on what i'm going to do and it's a pain in the ass so i'm hoping maybe you guys can help.

I dont know if anyone picked up the latest issue of dsport magazine with the blue time attack sti on the cover yet but they had a featurette(sp?) on pulse plugs. With plug upgrades alone, they picked up 2-5hp/tq on the three cars they tested. For around 100-180 bones, i dont think they can be beat. With increase in cylinder pressures, the mix gets harder to ignite and all the unburnt fuel passes out of my exhaust. I smell dollar signs and horses and they dont smell good farting out of my car.

I'm willing to try them out but i was wondering if anyone else has given them a shot on our forums.

After almost a year, i'm still stuck on what i want to do for a turbo manifold. I'm looking for sus tubing to do my own and i check the treadstone performance website. The casties are only $250 bucks. My turbos are mitsu flanged where as the treadstone is for t3's. Would an adapter clear my stock radiator and fans or will i have to swap to a honda aftermarket radiator and/or pusher fans? I'm really trying to make my install as simple, quick and painless as possible. Nothing extremely fancy and i'm not switching to a t3 housing turbo any time soon. I want a manifold to give me expandability for a high power car in the future but since i dont know where my actual project ending point is going to be, it's a back burner type deal since i'd have to have the car in a shop to cut, fit and fab. So what do you guys think i'd have to do to run the treadstone mani with a larger sized t25/t28 turbo and t3 to mitsu adapter flange? I can't find squat in the search.

Thanks guys. I love yous!
102867, RE: Pulstar pulse plugs and treadstone turbo manifold......
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Pulstar plugs, waste of money. 2-5 hp for almost $200???? You call that a good deal?

Manifold, make a custom one that would work for your turbo. If it were me, I would just suck it up and get a t3 flanged turbo and call it a day and make my life easier. But that is just me (and what I did).
I generated this page in 0.0091221332550049 seconds, executing 7 queries.