Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectGetting screwed by HRC.....everybody please read!! So you dont!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=672&mesg_id=672
672, Getting screwed by HRC.....everybody please read!! So you dont!!
Posted by Nemizis, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just to recap my situation, HRC Stage II, 20k miles later, lost cyclinder 1 due to piston damage (if your car stutters and carries on while leaning out up to max boost, its going to happen to you to, beef up your fuel system, no buts about it!!!!)

So I called HRC and bought the JE pistons and Crower rods for a mere $1160 ;-) (including Next day shipping)...oh and they were on sale..yeah right..anyway I got them, gave em to the garage and find out that there .20 thousanths oversized!! To have the motor totally stripped and ripped out, then the machine shop charges and wait time....well that was out of the question, my motor only has 36k, and I'm not dropping another $1k plus just to fit oversized pistons. What is really messed up is HRC never told me they were oversized, it doesnt say it on their website, and when I called about it the salesman acted like I was somehow supposed to know they only sell .20 over pistons, even tried telling me it stated on the website, and that I should have asked about it. I dont know about anyone else, but if you don't specifically say I want oversized pistons, its because you want stock bore. Or am I just crazy?!? Well I have to return them, with a %20 restocking fee, so for there screwup I have to get charged $80!!
I'm still trying to get a hold of Bill Hahn the owner over this crap, so Ill keep ya posted. Beware guys, ask questions, dont take nothin for granted.

I generated this page in 0.01264500617981 seconds, executing 6 queries.