Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Phantom Grip
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=38769&mesg_id=38812
38812, RE: Phantom Grip
Posted by Super20G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It's all a budget thing, and what application your really using it for.

Of course, you'll never beat the brute strength of the Quaife unit, thats why its backed with a lifetime warrenty, they basically dare you to break the unit.

But if money is a big option(cause there is a BIG difference) and you dont get all that nasty on it, the PG isnt a bad buy. You just have to remember its a modified stock unit, so its gonna handle what the stock unit handles basically, and w/ the added stress of more traction, you cant be cranking it too high(on a TUNED engine) and expect it to do its duty.. Also you gotta remember factors like wheelhop will grenade the tranny real quick, expecially if your getting nasty w/ the boost controller.

Basically, the reason I went w/ the Quaife lsd is because if I have a fully built engine, I'm gonna treat it very very bad :thumbsup and if I would have bought a PG for ~250, and blew my tranny, then I'd be out the PG, the tranny, and then still had to buy a new tranny and the quaife to do it right again, plus the PITA labor.
I generated this page in 0.0076930522918701 seconds, executing 6 queries.