Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subject::::::UPDATE 2::::::
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=37540&mesg_id=37740
37740, ::::::UPDATE 2::::::
Posted by jamesman, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Okay,
I hooked up the injector harness today. This does allow you to tune with boost. The main fuel map is TP vs RPM, The injector map is BOOST vs RPM this allows you to add more pulsewidth to the standard injector duty cycle. so say the ecu puts 1 mS of injector time, then i choose to add 1 more Ms, then the total Open time of the injector is 2mS. It is rather cool. Also after i hooked up the injector harness i can now monitor injector Duty cycle, duration and total duty cycle and total duration. i really like this unit, the more i plug in the more data i can monitor. currently i can monitor rpm, tps, MAP in, Map out, boost, normal duty cycle, normal duration, total duty cycle, total duration, boost control solenoid duty cycle, and ignition timing added or subtracted. Like Chris said, There are also programmable limit clamps, so that means that if you have an 96-99 you can just set the voltage clamp for the Map sensor and the unit will not let the ecu see any more than what you tell it to. so no more vc2 or missing link. I fortunately have a 95 so i don;t have to worry about it. other uses that i have found for this is a way to raise your idle a little. you can also input a minimum voltage clamp, so theoretically you can modify the TPS voltage to fine tune your idle. I am going to get the auxiliary signal harness and make a knock alarm for the unit. the unit is quite powerful. i really like it. right now i am having a little problem with my boost fluttering a little bit at wot. when it reaches peak boost it is a little unstable right now. i am going to mess with the gain and see if it smoothes thngs out. The boost control is great though, i have not used a boost controller with as sharp a rise rate. this thing keeps the wastegate closed until a certain value, and you can input this value. so say i have the boost set to 15 psi and i don't want the wastgate to start opening until like 13.5 psi. i just input 13.5 and the controller will not start regulating until it reaches 13.5 psi. OH this unit measures in Kpa Bar Atm kg/cm2 and PSI
and all these can be absolute or normal. i'd say for the price of the 2 units the benefits severly outweigh the cost if you are serious about having a bad ass car. Oh i am using 440cc/min injectors. I have the unit set up to correct the 235 to 310, so it will run a little rich and i can tune down with the fuel maps.
lates
james
I generated this page in 0.0086159706115723 seconds, executing 6 queries.