Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectFCD is off !!!! Map problem solved
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=27707&mesg_id=27707
27707, FCD is off !!!! Map problem solved
Posted by Dave_FL, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was getting a low map sensor voltage CEL and it was only reading 3.8 on the sensor check thing on the s-afc. It is suposed to be around 4.5 with the key on but car not running. So I bought a new map sensor and put it on thinking it would fix it. It didnt work. Still had low voltage. So i said shit, I might as well try and see what happens if I take off this FCD I have on there even though I have a 97. I took it off and now my car is a lot better!!! My car was sluggish before. It used to bog down and hesitate a lot. Now it runs great under boost with no FCD!! I am holing 9 psi perfect and my car isnt running lean anymore!!!! I have heard of a few people running boost on a 1997 with no FCD or VC1 and it worked for them. It also works for me!!! I was mad the other day when i didnt beat a GSR as much as I should have. Now I know why. It was that damn FCD that was slowing my car down. This was why I havent installed my injectors yet. Now my car is running good and the injectors are ready to go in. I cant wait for 15 psi!!! I am going to order a missing link though just to be safe.

About 30 minutes later.....Just went on a highway test drive. My EGT's are finally back to normal!! That damn FCD was making my egt;s skyrocket by running it lean. I was making somw 3rd and 4th gear pulls and my egt's stayed under 1600 the whole time at 9 psi! I am so happy that I finally got this bullshit problem fixed. :)
I generated this page in 0.011892795562744 seconds, executing 6 queries.