Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectfiberglass like pods/bezels
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=96804
96804, fiberglass like pods/bezels
Posted by ndbomexe, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am just testing the market here if anyone is willing buy a bezel or pod i will produce it for you just for the price of the pod. hit me back im going to be be charging 30dollars for bezels/pods.pod/bezel should be suppiled if you want me to purchase it for you inform me and we will get the price figued out at that time and for what ever else wanted to be done we will discuss . if you already have a pod hit me up and send it to me...shoot me a email...grndasslte@aol.com if interested.. note this is not real fiberglass but you will not be able to tell what so ever that its not...looks identical i promise...i will be making a couple prototypes this week and have pics up asap
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/550520/3 this is not my work it is a car in my car club and this is the same process i will do
96806, RE: fiberglass like pods/bezels
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ndbomexe
I am just testing the market here if anyone is willing buy a bezel or pod i will fiberglass it for you just for the price of the pod. hit me back im willing to do three tests...after the tests are done im going to start charging 30dollars plus the price of the pod this includes shipping. if you already have a pod hit me up and send it to me...shoot me a email...grndasslte@aol.com if interested.. note this is not real fiberglass but you will not be able to tell what so ever that its not...looks identical i promise...i will be making a couple prototypes this week and have pics up asap

if its not real fiberglass then why are you saying:

"I will fiberglass it for you just for the price of the pod."

I bet I know what you are doing. You are going to get some thick bodyfiller primer, and keep spraying the piece until it builds up enough to where you can sand it smooth and make it "look" like fiberglass huh??

If you want a REAL fiberglass interior, look for pics of mine. Every piece/panel in my car is glassed for REAL.
96808, RE: fiberglass like pods/bezels
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/550520/3

if these images work...this is not fiberglass at all...the process taken by this body shop is process i will provide, this is just an alternative to those who do not want to spend the money on glass it will still look for nice i promise...i will show you when the pics get posted up later this week
96810, RE: fiberglass like pods/bezels
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm sure a lot of people will want to jump on that with your massive amount of points and posts.
96811, RE: fiberglass like pods/bezels
This dude is whack job, there is no process of doing this. You easily take heavy build primer and keep spraying it on until it fills all the little seems, you then sand it and paint it and wooo hooo it looks like fiberglass. You can even do it with rattle can primer. Plus like ^^^^^ said, you have very little time on this board, I doubt anyone in their right mind would send something to you not even knowing you. I am not trying to be an asshole, but your saying 2 things here. You are going to charge someone a decent amount of money for a $10 can of spray paint and a 30 cent sheet of sand paper to make something look like fiberglass, but you said above you are actually going to fiberglass this shit.

Fiberglassing is not easy, nor fun, and takes a good penny to do it and make it look right. Trust me, I know every in and out to glassing, I have been doing it for 4 years making custom enclosures.

You guys know that one dude's eclipse with the rear supra tail light conversion, Matt Schaffer??? The white GS-T that sold on ebay for like 24,000 I think, you know who glassed his interior right, with real fiberglass?? My white ass :)

If you are going to do stuff like that, thats fine, then you can call it real fiberglass, but until you do, your "body shop" theory of doing this stuff, which I already know what your going to do, is not going to fly here. Anyone can do what you plan on doing for $15 themselves.

End rant, sorry, call me an asshole, I dont give a hoot.
96812, RE: fiberglass like pods/bezels
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
End rant, sorry, call me an asshole, I dont give a poot.

Asshole.
96813, RE: fiberglass like pods/bezels
Posted by edxmon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey leave him alone!... hes having a baby :P
96814, RE: fiberglass like pods/bezels
Originally posted by edxmon
hey leave him alone!... hes having a baby :P

lol
96815, RE: fiberglass like pods/bezels
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
someone has been sniffing the resin in his dash too much. Open a damn window mike. 4years...pppfftt newb.
96816, RE: fiberglass like pods/bezels
damn im not trying to start shit here or anything but like i said in the above posts\ this is just an alternative. who cares about the process, its very possible to make interior to look like its glassed without spending all that money, TRUST me i have seen it, here in north dakota lol we have one of the best glasses around and his best work is very similar to this way,if not identical, if you are all so pesimistic about this somebody give me a shot at it i guarantee i will suprise you. who cares about posts and all that stuff, what am i going to do screw you out of a 20$ or so for a bezel, sorry no thats not me i already have my car the way i want it. so come on somebody prove me wrong. i am not trying to be an asshole either, but this is the only forum im on who flames somebody for just trying to help people make their car look better without spending a lot of money.
96817, RE: fiberglass like pods/bezels
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nobody is flaming you for trying to help. Mike is rather touchy when you call it glassing when in reality its not. True fiberglassing does not reuse the original panel. I am locking this before anyone takes shots at anyone else. IF someone would like to let you rework their existing panel they can PM you. No harm in that.

it may not seem like it but you did share an idea and that is appreciated by the site in general. Nothing wrong with new ideas.

Edit: your post was shit canned on tuners as well.

Terry
I generated this page in 0.0082249641418457 seconds, executing 7 queries.