Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subject"For Off Road Use Only"
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=87010
87010, "For Off Road Use Only"
Posted by awugod, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
WTF, I buy these fog lights from cardomain. Nowhere does it mention that they are not for highway use and then when I get them, it says ont hem for off road use only. What the hell, what do you all think, would you use them anyway?
87011, RE: "For Off Road Use Only"
Posted by joeck76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what the hell would you need fog lights for when your off road? i dont know what they mean by that, but id put stockers in they look the best and fit perfect if your stock in the front
87017, RE: "For Off Road Use Only"
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
damn near everything you buy to "mod" your car with is going to say that. its just a CYA thing for the company.
87021, RE: "For Off Road Use Only"
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by tim97rs
damn near everything you buy to "mod" your car with is going to say that. its just a CYA thing for the company.

be careful. if you're NOT off-roading and you get pulled over... then, well, all I can say is: WATCH OUT!!!
87026, RE: "For Off Road Use Only"
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by djtrickee
be careful. if you're NOT off-roading and you get pulled over... then, well, all I can say is: WATCH OUT!!!

exactly what he said.
87030, RE: "For Off Road Use Only"
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Originally posted by djtrickee be careful. if you're NOT off-roading and you get pulled over... then, well, all I can say is: WATCH OUT!!!
exactly what he said.

you only have to worry if the officer who pulls you over is certified to be an "off-road device" inspecter. he should have a tab sewn onto his sleave...
87033, RE: "For Off Road Use Only"
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by tim97rs
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Originally posted by djtrickee be careful. if you're NOT off-roading and you get pulled over... then, well, all I can say is: WATCH OUT!!!
exactly what he said.
you only have to worry if the officer who pulls you over is certified to be an "off-road device" inspecter. he should have a tab sewn onto his sleave...

I always seem to "get lucky" when I get pulled over around here. Must be our all female off-road police force...
87043, RE: "For Off Road Use Only"
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Off Road Use Only on fog lights probably has to do with the wattage of bulb being used. Most states have a law about the maximum watts of your bulbs combine that can be used. Something like 200 watts total. So, you take your headlights at 55w and add 50w fog lights, you are going to have 220 watts. Which is illegal, but I would say highly unlikely to get pulled over for.

Oh, and "Off Road Use" means either, our in the boonies, or "track use".
87047, RE: "For Off Road Use Only"
Posted by 96rs-t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what type of foglights do you have flyinEsi? they seem to fit perfectly into your bezel.
87068, RE: "For Off Road Use Only"
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 96rs-t
what type of foglights do you have flyinEsi? they seem to fit perfectly into your bezel.

I just got some Autozone specials. They just happened to fit up perfectly.
87061, RE: "For Off Road Use Only"
Posted by awugod, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
See thats the thing, its a Bomex front bumper and I needed fog light with about 3 and half in diameter to fit right, stockers wont do. Oh well, damn the man I am putting them in anyway. If I get pulled over I can always try giving them my military ID, sometimes I get hooked up for that. Sometimes the cops are pricks and dont even care. Oh well, if I can die for my country I should be able to put whatever damn fog lights in I want to.
87064, RE: "For Off Road Use Only"
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
just put them on anyways. from where im from i have never heard of anyone getting pulled over for fog lights on their car. dont know if this is a common occurence in other states, but i say just do it anyways.
87065, RE: "For Off Road Use Only"
Posted by Ducking_Fumbass, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just about any aftermarket part built by anybody reputable will say that. The AF/X UDP says the same thing.
87077, RE: "For Off Road Use Only"
Posted by destruckeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
CA will pull you over for anything! Who cares though really, just turn them off when your on a street with a cop.
I generated this page in 0.0079391002655029 seconds, executing 7 queries.