Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectJust wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=83827
83827, Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by madhatter210, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I made one for Aggression a little over a week ago, I wanted to wait till I heard from him on the "what he thought" and all that. Anyways all was a :thumbsup so I wanted to let you guys check it out. I even tore my green one up to do the new lock design. I will (courtesy of Jeremy) be making these forsale on a wider market in the very near future if anyones interested.But those details will come out hopefully next week. enjoy

The test

early stages

83828, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Awesome looking. That's really good work.
83832, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That glovebox looks awesome... *wink wink, *nudge nudge, *snicker snicker.
83833, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Originally posted by djtrickee
That glovebox looks awesome... *wink wink, *nudge nudge, *snicker snicker.
Yours is going out on friday morning ......:)

83834, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
awesome. and on a side note, SLC sucks nuts. but at least they have internet access here in the room. IM not going out of this room. Bottle says don't leave me.
83835, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by injendsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i want one.
83840, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by rucr8z2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I want one too!
83842, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by berightback, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
thats sick
83843, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by pfmicks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks awesome, you might be hearing from me very soon :D
83844, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by kain_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
good work. you are becoming a master of the carbon fiber ;)
83849, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by Silv Blt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks a bit bumpy and wavy. have they all come out that way or are you getting better at getting rid of that? looks great though other than that.
83853, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by Aggression, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't know why it looks like that in the pics, but it is by no means bumpy or wavy! The work is phenominal to say the least. I bought the glove box and fuel door from him and will be posting pics soon.

I still can't get over how sweet it is...all you that are buying from Madhatter210 will not be disappointed! Awesome work and at an amazing price.
83856, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by EclipseTenzoR, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think his pictures look bumpy and wavy because of the reflections. Take a look more closely and you can see the reflections of him, his camera, a light on the ceiling etc.
83865, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by DarkTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
how much are you asking for this stuff? and where are you getting the CF? I've been trying to find an affordable place to buy CF sheets....I'll hit you up on aim or something and you discuss it with me :P
83866, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by CustomGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Silv Blt
looks a bit bumpy and wavy. have they all come out that way or are you getting better at getting rid of that? looks great though other than that.

I noticed that too. That thing is waving hi to me. A little straighter and you got my money!
83867, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Originally posted by CustomGS
Originally posted by Silv Blt looks a bit bumpy and wavy. have they all come out that way or are you getting better at getting rid of that? looks great though other than that.
I noticed that too. That thing is waving hi to me. A little straighter and you got my money!
lmao you know whats funny.......I guess I should of used big bold letters where it says early stages before the wavy pic, and theres only the one, the others just show reflection. Your looking at the flood coat (first coat) with sanding agent in it, but thanks for the compliments though. lol I can admit I suck at taken pictures of cf.....I have folders of shitty pics that didn't make the cut.

Edit: remember the gb is contoured naturally also.

83909, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by got_NX, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Great work on the CF! I was wondering if you use automotive clear on the final stage then wet sand and buff? I'm sponsored by carbonwerks and I know he use to do this before he started using molds. I know there is lots of hand sanding for the perfect finish but it's not cost effective if your trying to make a couple extra bucks.
83910, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
The pics you are referring to that look wavy are not the final product. He must wet sand and buff out becuause when I got it the thing is smooth and shining.

Plus I think it has enough layers of clear that if you wanted to wet sand and buff it out more you could but I am not sure. Is this the case Madhatter210?

Mad do you put enough clear on it so that if the person was so inclined they could wetsand and buff it even more then it is now? Doesn't need it IMO, but to some people its just more reasurance.

Awesome product IMO!
83917, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Originally posted by got_NX
Great work on the CF! I was wondering if you use automotive clear on the final stage then wet sand and buff? I'm sponsored by carbonwerks and I know he use to do this before he started using molds. I know there is lots of hand sanding for the perfect finish but it's not cost effective if your trying to make a couple extra bucks.
yes, whats nice is I really like doing this, so the money is really not as important to me as being able to put out something that some fellow dsm'r is going to be like "oh hell yea that shit is tight". But your right though, my time vs profit... if I wasn't doing other pieces at the same time it wouldn't be worth it if it was my only source of income. And yes the hand sanding/polishing is a what takes up most of the time, I try to plan it out so I don't have 10 pieces all waiting for that at once......it a nice break to revert to another stage in the process between all that.

Although I like to have a bunch lined up for the polishing stages as it gives me a quick comparison to the one I just did.....meaning "Oh you will look just like that one and your going to like it" lol and talking to the pieces is mostly due to lack of ventilation, but my girl checks on me now to be sure my respirator is on most of the time.

And CarbonWerks has been a very good inspiration for me, I started doing this though because I couldn't get a cf fuel door. And although they did that at one time.....and you could special order it, I felt that well they are a "big" player in custom work and figured my one piece I wanted wouldn't see the attention or speed in turn around in which I was looking for. And being very knowledgeable in fiberglass/resin and bodywork already the next step was for me to do my own custom cf work for myself. Although my stuff is different from the normal black, as mine is green.
As far as mold's, I have some for my own custom needs and hope to develope that end a little more next month after I move and set-up my shop/garage in Ohio.

Originally posted by Aggression
The pics you are referring to that look wavy are not the final product. He must wet sand and buff out becuause when I got it the thing is smooth and shining. Plus I think it has enough layers of clear that if you wanted to wet sand and buff it out more you could but I am not sure. Is this the case Madhatter210? Mad do you put enough clear on it so that if the person was so inclined they could wetsand and buff it even more then it is now? Doesn't need it IMO, but to some people its just more reasurance. Awesome product IMO!
Indeed sir.....you are correct. 5 coats on the interior pieces, 7 on the exterior...give or take one depending on the finish/depth I get.
But just a note on that, they also come pre-waxed/buffed with Black Magic so you need to be considerate of that before wet sanding for any reason is done, as to not embed it into the clearcoat. Although a touch up buff is always usally required after install (finger prints and all that) I like to have the super shine there when you open the box :thumbsup

83919, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Regardless of what some have said, I think you do an amazing job. I would love to own a piece of your work to put in my car. What kind of other stuff do you plan to wrap in carbonfiber in the future. Is it just green cf you are using or can you find black?
83921, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
Regardless of what some have said, I think you do an amazing job. I would love to own a piece of your work to put in my car. What kind of other stuff do you plan to wrap in carbonfiber in the future. Is it just green cf you are using or can you find black?
ty ^^, all the stuff I'm doing for other people is just black cf ....green is just for me :-) which is also a little harder to work with because of its thickness so I'm kinda glad no one else wants it lol.
Armrest,fuel doors and gloveboxs are pretty much the only things being wrapped at this point that I will try and keep stock of. It also depends though on the request...I just got one for the headlight covers on a 1g (the flip ups) and he wants them just wrapped.The hard part on that is asking for a deposit then finding them as I need to get the replacments from the yard so he can still have his stock ones on till the new ones are ready. Once I get more spare parts in to make more molds though it will be much easier for me to expand to just a cf copy without the need to wrap much.
The fuel doors I like to wrap for reliabilty though...like for instance here in NJ you can't pump your own gas really so usally the guy working the pump slams the door closed as a sign of "your done" so I figured without really knowing what kind of abuse it will see, wrapped is a safer and faster option for me to put out.
83923, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
he does the black...that is what I bought from him is the black cf glovebox and fuel door. I am getting with him on wrapping some custom fiberglass peices I am making!

I will take pics of the stuff I bought from him probably saturday!
83965, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Hey now.. I am a gas pumper in Jersey and I never slam the door. :)
89606, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by Eclipsegsx012, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
just wondering what cf part did you make? do you sell them??
89611, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by BuckNutty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Eclipsegsx012
just wondering what cf part did you make? do you sell them??

are you serious??? did you read the thread?

EDIT: BTW, I am thinking of making a comeback on the dsm scene. So I may be in touch with you on some stuff, as i live in an apt. now and have no room to do anything.
89626, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
he can't be serious Bucknutty!....well lets hope not.
89627, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Originally posted by BuckNutty
So I may be in touch with you on some stuff,

Get in line!
89629, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by CrazyEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey Rob: :wavy ...

::hint hint::
89642, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by Eclipsegsx012, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BuckNutty
Originally posted by Eclipsegsx012 just wondering what cf part did you make? do you sell them??
are you serious??? did you read the thread? EDIT: BTW, I am thinking of making a comeback on the dsm scene. So I may be in touch with you on some stuff, as i live in an apt. now and have no room to do anything.

Lol i know he made the glovebox but i was wondering if he made anything else cf that's all.

By the way where could i be on the list to purchase this nice product?
89643, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
i still want one, especially now that my current glovebox broke lol.
89644, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
djtrickee will get the first new one that is ready this coming monday. Im suprised he hasn't came to kick my ass yet:P I guess I have to make the coffe table and wallet for him though to make up for it.
89655, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Originally posted by madhatter210
djtrickee will get the first new one that is ready this coming monday. Im suprised he hasn't came to kick my ass yet:P I guess I have to make the coffe table and wallet for him though to make up for it.

I would never! Haha. Top secret imo. lol! Madhatter's work is top notch and well worth the wait if anyone is considering. Once he takes over some random's workshop watch out!
89663, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
how far down am i on the list to get one?
89684, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by CustomGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Madhatter: Give me a price for you to do all my plastic interior panels, besides the doors, dash and headliner. I'm talking kick panels,rear speaker panels, pillers etc. If you'd be interested, i would pay!
89687, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
I will have a price for you monday-tuesday
89927, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Hrmmmm i still have the gift :P
These are a few I just finished

89929, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thats fucking sick ass work dood.

When are you gonna do all the panels and the dash?

:P
89933, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
wait till you see what I have coming out the end of this week muhahahahahaha
89936, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by knight ryda 99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Damn I wish i was rich.
89940, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Originally posted by madhatter210
wait till you see what I have coming out the end of this week muhahahahahaha

CF condoms...?
89945, RE: Just wanted to showcase a new cf glovebox I made soon to be..
Posted by knight ryda 99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
YESSSSS!!!!!
I generated this page in 0.011178016662598 seconds, executing 7 queries.