Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectOrdered my kit today ;-)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=67133
67133, Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by GSwede96, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Finally got money to order the kit..:_) A buddy club II kit is on its way home :-) Also my new rims arives this week or next week and same with my new wing:-) Finally getting somehwere:-))
67136, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by xEclipsE RaceRx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
GET PIX OF EVERYTHING! EVEN THE BOX THE KIT COMES IN LOL GOOD JOB :cheers

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition

"Mommy financed...Mommy certified"

Check Out My Site For Pix
http://home.comcast.net/~eclipseracer/Page/Home.htm

*Done with Project: Low Comp. Rebuild. Now I have a major oil leak by my rear main seal =(*
67140, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Oh I will..make a full write up on the job from delivery of package till final product on the shows..trust me.Only reason I bought a digital camera really*LOL*
67143, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by farmdogg55, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
cool, congrats and good choice on the kit. what are you going to do about the graphics? or are they painted? just wondering if they were staying or going.
67150, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
graphics are vinyl and they go...New paintjob with a new paint that just came out here:-) New wing, new rims, a light bar is added too. Interior is being ripped and a new stereosetup is being built+ race seats are going in(they are in my garage now) SO it should be fun:-) Alot of work left but those who saw my GS know that it will be done *smile*
67185, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by eklipsdrvr99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Good choice on kit.
67225, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by pfmicks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What rims did you get?
67231, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
KOSEI GZZA 8,5x18"
71479, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Thought I would throw up soe pics of how the kit turns out on the car.Stiol not painted but its going to the painter after this weekend :-)Had to make some custom stuff though..My FMIC is huge and doesnt fit well with a kit thats made for stock IC....Same with exhaust..I have dual 4" pipes...kit was made for one...Well here it goes...It is straight eventhough it looks a little off..one pipe is sticking out and fools the eye a little...

Sideskirts glued/screwed and started to mold them in...

front:

and one overall pic...
71481, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by injendsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
very damn nice imo. makes me want a bc2 kit again.
71485, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by sonikbewm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That is nice! The buddy club 2 kit is the only kit that I would think of getting.
71504, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Originally posted by sonikbewm
That is nice! The buddy club 2 kit is the only kit that I would think of getting.

Dope! I think you should leave it wingless though...or at least get a low spoiler..meh..it looks goood..
71505, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by Jarrad_GST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks hella nice. What paint color are you getting? And when you think your going to get done with it and have final pics of it? I am impatient person.... Can't wait to see it.
71515, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by willmayo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i ordered the skirts the other day, and i'll be ordering the front and rear as early as tonight. i cant wait, this kit is muy hot IMO
71516, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by nightwolf2369, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
damn now everyone is getting the bc2 kit, soon it is gonna be like he blitz kit. oh well, i still am prolly gonna get one. by the way, how thick is the fiberglass in the bc2 kit?
71523, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by Steve, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That looks sick even not painted. I like the wing to...very nice man.
71533, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by siueclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
can you take some more pics of the rear bumper?

i really like bumpers that come down low in the back.

james
71535, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by siueclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
oh and where did you get the kit from?

james
71600, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by Ryan_Hes, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Im also gettin that front...lol -- my front isnt low enough...and that front just rocks.

Car looks great man..cant wait to see final product
71616, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by hazardeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice, man :thumbsup
the exhaust looks sick, imo. are you doing all the body work yourself?
71632, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Originally posted by hazardeclipse
nice, man :thumbsup the exhaust looks sick, imo. are you doing all the body work yourself?

Thanx man :-)
Yes I do everything on the car myself.Have never left to a shop for anything else then paintjob...oh..and the exhaust..( 3" SS with race cat) The exhaust is sick..LOL* Will look really cool when the car is done...not like everyone elese ;-)

This is only pic I got ont he rear...right now.Before the exhaust was made and all that...

71705, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
kept the stock front lenses...

Cut up a grill so I can get more cooling to the engine...

and on the car..but no ready yet of course:

71708, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by blcktalipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks good...but the one side in the front looks in too far....the headlight doesnt line up-its stickin out
71710, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
its not in place..*LOL* It just hang there with two screws on top under hood...The front is not attched as it should be..just put it there to take the pic ya know :-) When its in placeand bolted up..it lines up prefectly
71711, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
ok in that case it fugin awesome
71802, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Finally a good pic of the rear....Hole around exhaust is fixed now so its traight...bu the ic was taken before I did it ..so dont look to close on it ;-)

71805, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
damn... that car USED to look good.
71806, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by CrazyEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Xtra large wing you got thurr....
Hope the stock pistons can hold it up....

Undergoing MAJOR modifications, inside and out: Sneek peek at whats going on
End of Project Goal - 5/12/04
member# 2498 / female member# unknown
71808, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by HeyG, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice, but I think it would look nicer if the nose area in this pic were molded shut.

71809, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by BuckNutty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i think it looks damn pimp...good job on the customizing of it too. At least you picked one of the few wings that somewhat flows with our cars...Paint her up :thumbsup

Are you sticking with teh same graphics?? Getting different ones?? Getting it painted a new color???
71810, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
PHAT.
71812, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
wing is the kaminari KTR wing..looks alot bigger in the pic due to angle I think.

Not keeping graphics or color.New paintjob over the entire car and this year it will be clean..no graphics or such.

Moldecx shut in nose area? Mean between the lights?It came molded from the factory and I thought it was missing something so I opened that hole up myself. it gives me alot more air to the radiator/turbo/manifold so it cant hurt.The FMIC is blocking alot of the air to the radiator so I need it:-)Its molded inside so its just not a hole..its alittle "tunnel" in there too..

71824, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by TanDaMan99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Damn man, That is hot as hell. If the wing is as not big as you say it is I think it might become the hottest clipse i ever seen. Guess just gotta wait till its done. Also thought that tunnel was a huge mistake but when it's all cleaned up it just adds to the hottness. Well done. What color is it gonna be?

Damn that hot!:thumbsup
71839, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by silvreclipsers, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice job :thumbsup
71845, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Originally posted by TanDaMan99
Damn man, That is hot as hell. If the wing is as not big as you say it is I think it might become the hottest clipse i ever seen. Guess just gotta wait till its done. Also thought that tunnel was a huge mistake but when it's all cleaned up it just adds to the hottness. Well done. What color is it gonna be? Damn that hot!:thumbsup

Thanx:-)
Its gonna be a new cahmeleont paint job from Standox...Not the regular chameleont...a new type..will have pics soon

same wing as on my old GS
71846, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by TwinDragons, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks good man.... the only things different btw mine and yours is the exhaust and front. great minds huh. i pick mine up today from the body shop. had to send it back so they could pearl the door jambs and a couple other spots. pics forth coming... and keep up the good work.
71849, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
send me some pics of it then :-) I wanna see it! Always nice to see newly finished cars and how they look:-)

PS: Was your car like my Spyder or like the red GS btw?
72486, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Well you are prolly sick of my updates but here is the front painted and meshgrill + CF lip installed as well..pickin up car ion sunday:-)

72510, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by CarbonFiberRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks awesome, be sure to post completed pics... i know i will be looking for updates 8)
72559, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Well here are some few pics of when I picked it up at the painter....Hope ya like it.Doesnt show all colors that the paint flopps in but still gives an aidea on what I did:-) Hope you like it :-)

72560, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
thats a fuggin hot ass color dood :thumbsup x a bajeeeelion

is it a chamelion job or a crazy pearl and alot of sparkle?? Details man, details. I fuggin love the color.
72561, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
hehehe..mostly all of it*LOL*

Its a color from Standox called Kyamashi Chrystal...
72566, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Whoa.....Paint is insane, in a good way...rock on
72567, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
VERY nice IMO. You got quite a chore on the interior. Fucker is tore up good. Good luck, sir. :thumbsup
72569, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I know this thread is geared towards the body kit and paint, but have you put on your 18x8.5 rims yet?? How do they fit? What is the offset, and do they rub at all?

Reverse El-Glo HVAC Panels Update: Tooling Started
Expected Release Date: June 1st

Originally posted by DR1665 bubble = teh bust3d. x(
72570, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by eclipseman1999, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks damn GOOD!!!
72576, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by xEclipsE RaceRx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
FUCKIN SHIT DUDE I JUST CREAMED MY PANTS

I think GSBBTURBO might have competition now

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition

"Mommy financed...Mommy certified"

Check Out My Site For Pix
http://home.comcast.net/~eclipseracer/Page/Home.htm

*Done with Project: Low Comp. Rebuild.
*Beginning Project: Boost
72577, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by chrysler kid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
gsx wheels look out of place, i think you should get some twankies
72579, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Originally posted by chrysler kid
gsx wheels look out of place, i think you should get some twankies

lol you said twankies
oh btw looks damn good.
72586, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Well the GSX whels were on only for the work and the paintjob..dont wanna mess up my new rims.Earlier in the thread you can se my new ones..alot btter then GSX ris I think ;-)

I tried the new ones on..and htey go flush with outer edges of the fender..real nice :-)
72599, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
two more pics..stuff isntalled..

72602, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by GShocka04, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks real nice, cant wait to see it when its cleaned and the new rims put on
72606, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by EclipsedChef, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
where did you buy the paint..where did you buy the kit..how much was the paint job itself, etc etc. I would love details..your car is nice :bowdown
72607, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
www.henshinauto.com = teh buddy club 2 kit
72608, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by hunntyr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Kick ass color......cant wait to see it with the rims on.
72609, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
When you say the rims are flush, do you mean if you hit a bump they are going to hit the fenders, or they are just inside the fenders??

I'm looking at some 18x8.5 rims, please give me all the details you can on the rims...offset, tire size you are using, how far you are lowered...do you think you will rub when you turn the wheels??

Thanks man, I appreciate your help.

The rims I'm looking at are a 18x8.5 w/ 235/40/18 rubber, +35 offset, I plan on bieng lowered 2", will those rub? Thanks

Reverse El-Glo HVAC Panels Update: Tooling Started
Expected Release Date: June 1st

Originally posted by DR1665 bubble = teh bust3d. x(
72617, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Well they go flush with outside of the fenders wich means if they would go all the way down in a bump they would hit..but they wouldnt do that.I have a very very hard suspension setup*S* If you go with you sizes and on 2" drop..I would say that they will rub..Prolly will need to roll fenders some....But ot sure. Also depends on offset etc..

Mine are 38mm ET and are 8,5x18 in size with 225/40 tires.Kept smaller tires just so I wouldnt hit the fender. I can turn full and put the car daown max and it wont hit front fender..In rear ...they wont rub eiether*lol*
72631, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The back bumper is too tall ... comes too far down to the ground. I would take about 4" out of it personally but it's not my call now is it? The front and sides are tight and the colour is amazing. I love the spoiler but most of all I want to see this car when it is finished.
72933, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
So finally all together...rear bumper not attached properly but here ya go, changing rims on tuesday:

72934, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by scirio, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Where did you get those eyelids??? First decent ones I've seen. Only ones I've seen actually.
72944, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
I made them my self..fiberglassed them one night at the garage :-)Thanx!
72945, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by GSwede96
I made them my self..fiberglassed them one night at the garage :-)Thanx!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! ME WANT!

How much do you charge to borrow for the day?
72957, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by willmayo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
that looks fucking bad ass. your car is pimp dood :thumbsup
72958, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
All I can say is WOW. I am not normally into the show scene but good lordy, that a lot of great look work put in that actually looks good. I thought the rear might be too long, but it completely matches the front; it evens it out. Dude, the eye lids are awesome as well; you should probably patent it or something cause someone is gonna steal that idea.

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting :thumbsup

72964, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That car looks SICK! Great job!
72981, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by sonikbewm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Whoa! I forgot all about this thread. Your car looks amazing sir!
73109, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Finally..completed outside..new rims on:-)

73110, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
**spooge**
73119, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by scirio, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Where you center tail?
73120, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
making a carbon fiber one....
I have stock lights on now..WITh centerpiece as long as the CF is on its way...
73148, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by Doug96GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wow, props for originality. That roll bar is awesome. :thumbsup
73176, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by SpreadEagle, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
WOW that's nice! I love the rollbar, CF lip, and eyelids, great work man it all flows together so nicely :thumbsup

95ESI-cai,borla,sportlines,kyb,tsw
more on the way
73211, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Best kit evar :D
73212, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Wing is too big imo...the low spoiler would of better suited it imo

BUT

I still like it man, very AWESOME!
73213, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It looks great. I want to say lower it somemore but i wouldn't want to see the kit damaged. Downloaded all of your pics too hehe.
73214, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Oh I would like to lower it more but we have those fuggin speed bumps on the way to my garage..(rental place) and I cannot get over them if I lower any more. I have coilovers though so I lower it sometimes on shows and stuff like that ;-)Thinking of putting 19s on though to fill up a little more but it will have to wait..cant afford right now:-(

The wing part..I tried with my stock as well...looked like shit actually..IMO....so I puton the big wing..made the whole flow of the car much better.But thats just me..and its my car so it stayts*LOL*
73215, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by injendsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks damn nice imo. we really need to start a new thread for this though because this one takes too damn long to load and im on t1.
79636, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Well its a sad day for me but I am selling my car.Got an opportynity to build a house at a very good place and I need to free some money for it to be able to get my loan:-( Puting the spyder up on its last show in my name in end of March 2005 and then its a goner :-(
Hope you all enjoyed following my work with my cars and I must say I gotten alot of help and contacts via all the different DSM forums around! Keep it up and be well everybody! I will come back with pics from the last show and after that I am gone from the DSM scene for awhile.

Peace out and thanx again for everything/Roger
79637, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by DarkTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by GSwede96
Well its a sad day for me but I am selling my car.Got an opportynity to build a house at a very good place and I need to free some money for it to be able to get my loan:-( Puting the spyder up on its last show in my name in end of March 2005 and then its a goner :-( Hope you all enjoyed following my work with my cars and I must say I gotten alot of help and contacts via all the different DSM forums around! Keep it up and be well everybody! I will come back with pics from the last show and after that I am gone from the DSM scene for awhile. Peace out and thanx again for everything/Roger

WOW...hate to see you go man :( hope the spyder gets a good home and hope you're house turns out as nice(or nicer) than the car :P
79638, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by kain_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That's sad. too bad you cannot sleep in your car comfortably ;p I liked the spyder with the exception of the grill between your headlights. anyways, nice work
79708, RE: Ordered my kit today ;-)
Posted by John99RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey Roger....long time no see. As you can see, I'm joining this thread late. The car looks awesome man. I love the work you did and the color. It's a shame you have to sell it, but a house is great too man. I just built a house last year and it was great. I still have my car too though....can't seem to sell her and go back to having car payments. Take care and let us know how everything goes. Later...
I generated this page in 0.013110876083374 seconds, executing 7 queries.