Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectRacing Seats that make you sit lower??not higher..
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=63448
63448, Racing Seats that make you sit lower??not higher..
Posted by 1sweet98talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have heard alot about racing seats making us sit higher in the seat. I already have a problem w/clearance issues. What seats out there make us sit at the stock position or lower?? I am planning on getting DAD seats.. Thanks
63451, RE: Racing Seats that make you sit lower??not higher..
Posted by importxs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

I know my seats definetly make you sit lower. Im not sure if its because of the custom seat brackets or the seats but they definetly sit lower.
63453, RE: Racing Seats that make you sit lower??not higher..
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i believe there is a way to trim either the brackets or the floor mounting position. i cant remember. this has been discussed before, but it was a long time ago.
63457, RE: Racing Seats that make you sit lower??not higher..
Posted by woo2gnt97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Diceman19
i believe there is a way to trim either the brackets or the floor mounting position. i cant remember. this has been discussed before, but it was a long time ago.

He is correct. It is not about the seats. It is about the brackets/sliders and how you mounted them to the seats.
63482, RE: Racing Seats that make you sit lower??not higher..
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dude! do you have a side shot of your ride with those black rims? im getin some koing theorys and my car is black and i want to see what it will look like.
thanks
63490, RE: Racing Seats that make you sit lower??not higher..
Originally posted by tim97rs
Dude! do you have a side shot of your ride with those black rims? im getin some koing theorys and my car is black and i want to see what it will look like. thanks

Some pics of 1sweettalon's ride here

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=58002&mesg_id=58002&listing_type=search

hehe, just tryin to help. i know you've been gettin it in the poopshoot lately.
63498, RE: Racing Seats that make you sit lower??not higher..
Posted by Shockeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my brackets are 3 way height adjustable.
63505, RE: Racing Seats that make you sit lower??not higher..
Originally posted by Shockeclipse
my brackets are 3 way height adjustable.

Mine are too, but the way the seats fit - I can only use the highest and 2nd highest bracket slots. So you get to choose .. sit high ... or really high heh
63556, RE: Racing Seats that make you sit lower??not higher..
Posted by Shockeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by woo2gnt97
Originally posted by Shockeclipse my brackets are 3 way height adjustable.
Mine are too, but the way the seats fit - I can only use the highest and 2nd highest bracket slots. So you get to choose .. sit high ... or really high heh

mine too....does yours like hit the floor and make it so that the bolts don't line up when you have it lower? because on mine you have to have it all the way up or it doesn't fit. I am going to dremel off the tips of the height part so that it doesn't hit the floor and I can sit lower because its way to high right now.
63656, RE: Racing Seats that make you sit lower??not higher..
Posted by 1sweet98talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks for the help, and thanks for the link. I totally forgot i posted my car a few months ago. Someone is makin my brakcets for me, ill have them made low. Thanks again.
I generated this page in 0.017155170440674 seconds, executing 7 queries.