Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectSemi new wheels
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=105817
105817, Semi new wheels
Posted by barza21, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hello all.

About a month ago I had an encounter with a curb and because of that encounter I bent the front driver side wheel. I tried to find a replacement one, but they don't make the same design wheel anymore. I was getting tired of those wheels anyways, so I decided that for the meanwhile I should get something a bit different and cheap. I came across 3g eclipse wheels and decided to go for them. I have to say that they look weird at first glance, but once you pay close attention to them, they are a pretty cool designed rim. I didn't like the gray/silver color, so I decided to paint the bronze (I always liked bronze wheels).

The whole process took a while. It involved paint removal, sanding, cleaning and painting. I did some research and found that if I did a coat of black first the bronze would look a bit darker (and better in my opinion).

Enough talking, here are the pics!

105818, RE: Semi new wheels
Posted by Gruff511, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Pretty good job. I like the dark bronze look with the white body.

105819, RE: Semi new wheels
Posted by SilvrEclips, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks good, you should have removed the wheel weights and had stick on weights put on the inside of the rim. Your paint job will be screwed when you change tires and have to get them re-balanced.
105820, RE: Semi new wheels
Posted by barza21, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by SilvrEclips
Looks good, you should have removed the wheel weights and had stick on weights put on the inside of the rim. Your paint job will be screwed when you change tires and have to get them re-balanced.

I agree, but I didn't think about it at the moment. The wheels that have the weights on the outside are only the front ones and the tires on those wheels are new. HOpefully they'll last till when I purchase the new rims/tire combo.
I generated this page in 0.0093660354614258 seconds, executing 7 queries.