Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectRE: Broked Turn Signal stays on all the time
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=102220&mesg_id=102229
102229, RE: Broked Turn Signal stays on all the time
Posted by EclipseMGP, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Replying to my own post.

Picked up the turn signal switch module thingy this morning. It’s a box with two female harness connections and the turn signal - light stalk. This may only apply to an RS, I do not have cruise control.

1. Removed neg batt cable, let sit 30 minutes

2. Removed three Phillips screws on bottom of steering column to remove plastic cover.

3. Removed four 10mm bolts from behind the steering wheel, air bag popped off.

4. Removed one harness connection and one purple plug in connection from airbag.

5. Needed breaker bar and WD40; removed center 17mm bolt. It would be helpful to have a deep 17mm socket here. The center steering wheel bolt has A LOT of teeth. I marked the position of the wheel on the bolt with a sharpie to insure I put it back on the right teeth.

6. Removed four screws for clock spring, but did not remove clock spring, I only let it come forward an inch. (when putting this back together, the clock spring has two arrows that need to line up).

7. Removed the two screws holding the switch and unplugged the two harnesses in the switch.

8. Installed new switch and then repeated steps backwards.

In all, took about an hour. I will have an official write up with pictures later this week. Thanks for everyone's help.
I generated this page in 0.0076920986175537 seconds, executing 6 queries.