Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectRE: Need advice on my 96 rs exterior
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=105090&mesg_id=105098
105098, RE: Need advice on my 96 rs exterior
Posted by Shake_Zulla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Corbin
Back to the hatch alignment. If you adjust the bolts at the top, but the hatch still falls into the same place, you can adjust the lock instead. I recently went through this exercise with my car. The hatch would come down perfectly centered and then the lock would kick it back to the side. After adjusting the lock to the side, everything lines up again. My car was rear-ended a couple times and had damage similar to what yours has. Corbin '95 ESI-T Now with more power and fewer leaks Humble servant of the Wiki

Thanks I'll take as much advice from the ride of the month owner as I can. Yeah I can tell I will have to adjust the lock as well. The tail lights are out of alignment also so I might strip the backend and see if I need to hammer anything out. Im guessing a higher truck hit it because the bottom of the frame is pretty straight. Once I get this and the dent takin care of I will post new pics so everyone can make fun of my body filler skills.
I generated this page in 0.0092439651489258 seconds, executing 6 queries.