Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: high 11s low 12s, what do i need?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=9797&mesg_id=9810
9810, RE: high 11s low 12s, what do i need?
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

i'm siding with jeff on this one (not that anyone cares). A bb turbo is designed to reduce spoolup time as much as possible, although the size of the turbine in relation to the compressor wheel makes a bigger difference.

as for 11's, ditch the 18's, got for a 255lph (HP model will be fine), lose the UDP's, port the hell out of whatever turbo you get, avoid sharp bends in your "custom" IC pipes, 3" turboback exhaust sans cat, ditch the lightened flywheel <--- that's more for road racing, when dragging the lower inertia from the lightened flywheel translates to bog when launching....and use the rest of the money for tuning and rebuilding the tranny, which is bound to break eventually doing quarter mile pulls with the kind of power you are going to be making.

Also, you may want to consider a rebuild now if the compression is marginal, before you build up a monster just to have it run like crap at the track.
I generated this page in 0.0087239742279053 seconds, executing 6 queries.