Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=8325&mesg_id=8350
8350, RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions.
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, the head came back off in about 30 minutes. Damn, that was much faster. Took the tap to the block and it wouldn't go into the block and start cleaning the threads. So I grabbed my brake cleaner and sprayed the shit out of each hole, cleaned some shit out of a couple of them. Grabbed the head stud again went down, won't go very far, backed back out again, went back down, it kind of stuck, make a crack sound and then went the rest of the way down!!!!! FUCKIN-A!

Put the head back on, plugged every vacuum hose back into the back, and put the studs in AND THEY WENT DOWN!! So the head is back on. Then went to torque down the studs, and I bought a damn inch/lbs torque wrench istead of a ft/lbs. But my neighbor stopped by and he has one he will be bringing over tonight.

Now if I can just get someone to come over and help me install the cams and set my timing, I'll be on my way to completion maybe before this weekend.
I generated this page in 0.0085248947143555 seconds, executing 6 queries.