Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectblowoff valve question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=7233
7233, blowoff valve question
Posted by daman_tbone, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i am looking to buy this blowoff valve. does this just replace the bypass valve?
7234, RE: blowoff valve question
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Do you have stock piping? Anyway get the kit that recirculates like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GREDDY-TYPE-RS-TYPE-RS-BLOW-OFF-VALVE-BOV-ECLIPSE_W0QQitemZ300021780339QQihZ020QQcategoryZ33742QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
7235, RE: blowoff valve question
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Unless you're running a blow through setup or VPC, you'll need one that recirculates. This topic has been covered a bazillion times...
7236, RE: blowoff valve question
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a Greddy Type-S for sale if you'd like to have it. $140 takes it with the flange to weld onto upper intercooler piping. Used but still works great.
7237, RE: blowoff valve question
Posted by 97eclipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The question is: why? I think uprgrading to an expensive bov should only be done after there are no other mods you can do, or if you are running more than say 25-30 psi which a crushed 1g might not hold. But this is just me.
7238, RE: blowoff valve question
[div class="dcquote"][i][b]Originally posted by
FlyinEsi[/i][/b]
I have a Greddy Type-S for sale if you'd like to have it. 
$140 takes it with the flange to weld onto upper intercooler
piping.  Used but still works great.
[/div]

so will this fit on my 95 gst? ive had ppl tell me things fit
and i buy them and they dont, so im just making sure..and on
top of that, could you hold it until i can buy it. im in dire
need of two new tires for the back of my car, so right now
that is priority. but after i get those i can get your blowoff
valve...

and also, what else will i need to put this blowoff valve on
because i see sites like this one below that include other
parts like vaccuum hose, gasket, and other mounting hardware.
or can you perhaps include all of the stuff i will need for
it.

http://www.racingworks.com/greddy_typesbov.htm

7239, RE: blowoff valve question
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes, that is the BOV I have.

I don't know what you have, it has always been a part of my system. I don't know how they connect to stock intercooler piping. If you have hard upper intercooler piping it will need to be welded on. I have the flange to use to weld it on. I do not have any of the vacuum lines you will need to hook it up though.

I will hang onto it if you can give me a timeframe of when you expect to have it sold.
7240, RE: blowoff valve question
well if you dont have all i need i might just go ahead and buy one with all the parts. and i dont know whether it will need welded on or not.
7241, RE: blowoff valve question
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What kind of UICP do you have? the stock one is plastic so you won't be welding anything to that. If you have or going to buy a metal one, just get it with the flange for the BOV you want. Most manu will offer flanges for the most popular BOVs as an option.
Also, if you have a UICP already that has a flange for a 1G BOV which is the most popular/default flange, you can still use it for a greddy by just drilling new holes.
7242, RE: blowoff valve question
Posted by 97eclipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
And if you are short on cash, I again ask, why do you feel the need to get one? You can get an adapter with a 1g flange on it from someone I'm sure (I got one for $10 a while back). Then you will just need a 1g bov (crushed or not, it won't matter until you are off the t-25 anyways) and you can use all of the stock lines, so no worries there. You can find a 1g bov on this site, or ebay for between $25-40, cheap money if you ask me.
I generated this page in 0.0084638595581055 seconds, executing 7 queries.