Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectSearious Problem please help
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=5417
5417, Searious Problem please help
Posted by Scoobasteve97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
okay i just bought a 97 eclipse GST 5 speed rebuilt motor and tranny with 41000 miles on it with a Fidanza light weight flywheel quaife LSD the car was advertised on craigslist for 6500 but rate when i went to test drive it i guess somthin happend the the transmission the guy said and so i got it for 4500 instead he said the trans mission is blown

now when i put the car in gear from 1st i let off the clutch it moves then then motor and tranny jumps up (i think from motor and tranny mounts) and the tranny makes a knocking noise then the Front wheels lock up what do you think the problem is do i need to get the tranny rebuilt cause i dont want to get rid of the LSD ?? please help
5418, RE: Searious Problem please help
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you could have the tranny rebuilt, whoever rebuilds it tell them you wanna keep the LSD in it.
5419, RE: Searious Problem please help
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Gotta crack her open to find out. It could be the LSD itself, locking up. If you rebuild your tranny, the shop will let you know. If you find another tranny, open up the old one to see if the LSD is still good.
I generated this page in 0.0083270072937012 seconds, executing 7 queries.