Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: GSX is down again...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=3454&mesg_id=3482
3482, RE: GSX is down again...
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Diceman19
< [/div> you try tightening your belts, most loose belts will squeak when given a little throttle. also, your battery light coming on could be your belt not turning enough since it is slipping. the brake light indicates low fluid. dont know where you live but sometimes mine comes on when it is really cold on a cold start. it gets thick. probly needs changed or topped off. the boost controller button may be too close to your manifold or too close to the radiator hose. it does get hot under there. good luck.

I hafta disagree on this one. You have a multitude of problems, but the batt light/ebrake light combo indicates a bad alternator, probably from the fluid spraying. The diff. in RPM only makes me think this is more true. however, the diff in RPM could also mean the belt is slipping at higher RPM making the alternator not turn, i.e. bad readout. But this is a small fish we're trying to fry here, find the leak first, then change the alt. belt, and if the light prob still persists the alternator is probably shot.
I generated this page in 0.010496139526367 seconds, executing 6 queries.