Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subject1g update pics.. the ones everyones been waiting for...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=2381
2381, 1g update pics.. the ones everyones been waiting for...
Posted by Pitchblack98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Here it is finally 99.9% back in one piece. Only parts left are the molding and trim stuff. I fiberglassed the holes for the rear antenna and wiper motor in the wing. The wiper hole cracked after sitting in the sun that day. Im going to redo it some time when I get a chance. Right now it will work. I havnt finished the hood cause I bought a new one. Im going to cut the hump off of my old hood and mold it to my new hood. Then Ill make vents out of both of them to give me a little better airflow under the hood. Keeps things cool. If it doesnt look right just sitting on the hood I may not weld and mold it in. Well see...

Well here we go. Let me know what you think.

2382, RE: 1g update pics.. the ones everyones been waiting for...
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
not bad! :thumbsup. Get some paint on that baby.
2383, RE: 1g update pics.. the ones everyones been waiting for...
Posted by RST95eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The buff the shit out of it and do a silk scarf test.
2384, RE: 1g update pics.. the ones everyones been waiting for...
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipzGST
not bad! :thumbsup. Get some paint on that baby.

Nice! Lower it ASAP! It looks like youre gonna go Muddin' in that 4x4 lol :P
2385, RE: 1g update pics.. the ones everyones been waiting for...
lol theres still no motor in it.... Im actually gonna use it as an scca rally car. So I wont be lowering it. I want to find a stiffer spring that OEM height, but I havnt had any luck in my search.
2386, RE: 1g update pics.. the ones everyones been waiting for...
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would have rather seen the flip-up lights on the '91, but I guess I can let that slide.

Have fun with the car and take care of it. No running into trees!
2387, RE: 1g update pics.. the ones everyones been waiting for...
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
I would have rather seen the flip-up lights on the '91, but I guess I can let that slide. Have fun with the car and take care of it. No running into trees!

ALL HAIL THE POP UPS.
2388, RE: 1g update pics.. the ones everyones been waiting for...
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Pitchblack98
lol theres still no motor in it.... Im actually gonna use it as an scca rally car. So I wont be lowering it. I want to find a stiffer spring that OEM height, but I havnt had any luck in my search.

If you find springs like that gimmie a holler--i've been looking for these too-------------I scrape about once a week here in trashville and it drives me nuts, so i'm thinking lowering is out of the question

have you tried calling roadrace? they may have an idea or 2...
2389, RE: 1g update pics.. the ones everyones been waiting for...
I havnt tried calling RRE. I may try giving them a call next week and see if they have anything or can give me some ideas of what Im looking for. Ill let you know if I find anything out.
2390, RE: 1g update pics.. the ones everyones been waiting for...
Posted by SilverBullet20g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks good man! Keep up the good work :thumbsup
2391, RE: 1g update pics.. the ones everyones been waiting for...
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Rallycross, eh? Sweeeeeeeet. :thumbsup Keep us posted on that stuff. It's always been a little dream of mine to buy an old beater 1G and flog it in the desert. Flat black would be a cool color up north, but I think out here in the desert, I would prime it something like grey or white. Maybe rust red... yeah... camouflage.
2392, RE: 1g update pics.. the ones everyones been waiting for...
Posted by kelvinb1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
are those 3kgt wheels?
2393, RE: 1g update pics.. the ones everyones been waiting for...
Yeah. They are wider than the OEM 1g wheels. I think they are 16 x 7.5 where the oem wheels were 16 x 6.5. Dont quote me on those numbers, but they are a little wider.
I generated this page in 0.010174036026001 seconds, executing 7 queries.